main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

4G

2: Seeker

So I did a phone test and it's saying that I am running on vodaphone 3g and the nearest tower is 3g. 

My data is so poor that I am missing calls at my home address which I should be getting 4g. I was on talkmoble and left so I could get 4g, but guess what talk mobile was better. 

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @BARRYJONES2010

Talk Mobile is owed and is part of Vodafone, you would receive the same service as you would on Vodafone. 

If you follow the initial checks and complete the pro forma on the link this will give an example of the problem Network issues

View more options
1: Seeker

I have the same question. pls

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Lissandragaren3 @BARRYJONES2010

There has been some posts where a persons sim card hasn't been properly provisioned for 4G. 

Customer service on 191 can check this for you. 

Is this happening everywhere or just in your home area ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone. 

It maybe beneficial to try and select another network in the phones settings and then re choose Vodafone.  

Phones nowadays are designed to latch onto the strongest signal which is possibly why its choosing 3G. 

I hope this improves for you as I understand the difference in user experience between 3G and 4G is pretty big. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
16: Advanced member

Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal at all. They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available!

View more options