main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

4g+

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi, I'm currently having a few issues with my S9+, I was in an area where 4g+ was selected but I couldn't access internet. I've changed settings to 3g and it's gone to H+ now and works fine. Does any1 know the reasoning it wont go online on 4g.

I've turned off and on, done a couple of things that vodaphone suggested, but to no avail, it's not end of world but just a tad annoying when you got to change settings manually...

Cheers

Andy

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
17: Community Champion

@Andy2206 

Does this happen in one place or everywhere ?

What is being advised for your postcode in the Vodafone network/status-checker 

Vodafone also has a dedicated support post here which includes a template you can use > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

May I offer up the following steps you could try.

As a process of elimination.....

Please try your sim card in another phone if you can.

This can help to rule out the phone or the sim card.

A Sim swap can be actioned at any Vodafone Highstreet Store to replace the sim card. Take Photo ID.

cnet.com/how-to-boost-your-phones-poor-signal-strength-or-slow-data-connection

A similar thread > iPhone-not-connecting-to-4G.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Thanks for reply, I travel all over UK, and its 1st time I've noticed 4g+, and thought bets this will be quick, only for it to not work at all. I've spoke to voda tech, who got me to add new access point, but no joy, then the 2nd tech guy sent me some msgs about selecting different service provider then back to voda, turn off phone to reboot, but again no joy. The only time I could get internet was once changed from 4g to 3g manually..

View more options

I use a dual sim Note 9 thus use Vodafone and another network sim in it @Andy2206 

To be honest I've not noticed that much difference in real world usage when I've hit 4g+ from 4G on both networks .

Obviously less than 4g and it shows  !

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @Andy2206 

When you are in a 4G plus area this will only show on the phone when it is idle, when you start using the phone this will change to 4G.

It may be that 4G was not available as a connection and the phone used the 3G frequency.  Not sure of the reason for changing the APN or connection settings, if you had a connection at the time these would have remained the same.

There is further information here: Data at Vodafone and 4G calling

View more options
16: Advanced member

AnnS. No. That is incorrect. 4G+ is significantly more likely to show when the device is active than idle due to the way network resource scheduling occurs.

View more options

Hi PhoneMast aka @PedroC1999 

Hope you are well Sir ?

Yes I'd concur as 4G+ remains active when actively using my phone.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

@AnnS when trying to connect to internet on 4G plus, it would looked like it was going to load in the page, but the load bar only goes across by approx 10% then stops.. but if manually out on 3G, I have no issues.. 

View more options

Well its looking like it might have been a technical glitch, as I'm now the other end of country on 4G plus, and it's working fine..

Thanks for all replies.

View more options

@PedroC1999 wrote:

AnnS. No. That is incorrect. 4G+ is significantly more likely to show when the device is active than idle due to the way network resource scheduling occurs.

My apologies to the OP for my confusion.

View more options