main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

5g not all that good

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Whenever my phone connects to a 5g network it seems to just stall. I have the s10 5g and my browsing will be fine then you'll see the 5g symbol appear and that's it. No network. I have to reset my phone or airplane mode on and off to try and get it going again. Whether it does or not really is 50/50. More often than not when I reset it finds a 4g or if I'm lucky 4g+ and I can browse again. I'm paying a lot of money for this service...

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

It appears as 5G is still very much in it's infancy user experiences can be different.

Weather Conditions need to be optimal and a person be near a 5G module.

Also from posts I've read elsewhere the phones battery can be depleted quicker as the phone tries to keep a 5G signal and this is in standby too i.e not surfing.

5G in my opinion is great for those that want to download large files faster but from what I've read does not vastly improve the surfing experience.

I bought a Note 10+ 5G to future proof my purchase but time will tell if I choose to use 5G on this phone or maybe the next one or the one after that    when hopefully 5G is more available.

Just my personal thoughts @francisoldfield 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

I believe what you say, but Vodafone should not be charging as much as they are for a technology in its infancy if thats the case... Or at least warn new customers to 5g about the limitations.

View more options
17: Community Champion

I can only give you some insight from other people @francisoldfield , as I've not used 5G myself as I'm only on Payg.

Vodafone talks about their 5G service in 5G Vodafone. 

In my personal opinion 5G speeds are awesome but it's akin to 3G and 4G where all networks have fringe coverage and not-spots where connection can differ in different areas etc, and some phones in my unscientific opinion handle connection better than others.

It's a fun awesome new connection type so it's going to happen that the network(s) will shout out about this and push its features.

If you Google Search you'll come across different opinions and user experiences.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options