main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

5g on s20+ in london is crap

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi there

i dont know if others are in the same situation but i wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this

i am using an unlocked s20+ with 5g enabled 

as i live in london i do get areas of 5g (Esp where I live and work there are quite a few) but what i have noticed 9 out of 10 times is that when connected to 5g the internet isnt working - nothing loads up 

the phone stays connected for like 5 min then drops to H+ 

I dont think is the phone or settings - because there are times (1 in 10) when is connected and it works albeit the speed is ridiculously low (4G is much faster)

im not sure what is going on but i suspect vodafone hasnt enabled all mats to connect to internet - i noticed that where it works on 5g and where it doesnt - is always the same spots - so how do you explain i have internet in one spot and dont on the other 

for now i decided to simply disable the 5g as its just consuming battery and doesnt do anything

can someone from @vodafone tell us what the F is going on - you made such a big fuss about 5g but your coverage and speed are the worst among other providers and 9 out of 10 times you're connected only theoretically as theres no internet working; and 1 out of 10 times it works but defo not fast

seems like a big scam - thank god i dont have to pay extra for 5g 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I'm in West Yorkshire using a Samsung Note 10+ 5G and find that I have to be very close to a 5G module for 5G to be effective @london2tim 

I agree with what some tech people say when they point out 5G is in it's infancy and will take a few years to come into its own !

I'm sure your aware right now 5G just allows faster downloads but does not speed up surfing so I'm personally not too fussed right now.

If you perform a forum search you should see members sharing speeds for 5G @london2tim 

I appreciate what your saying about how Vodafone is pushing the feature.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

i just dont know why vodafone doesnt do something about it - so that you're connected to 5g only when it works not when it doesnt work 

View more options