main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

Arrived in Holland phone will not connect

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Arrived in Holland yesterday but my phone a Galaxy S7 Edge has a caution triangle in the notification bar and will not connect when I try.. A pop up appears saying something about sim card 

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

It might be an idea to check your myvodafone to ensure no roaming bars are in place. 

Live Chat or the telephone number for abroad calls in Contact-us would be able to check your account too. 

Check your phones settings to see if any internal settings maybe hindering connection. 

Also try manually switching to another network if available. 

That and or soft reboot by turning it off and on. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
2: Seeker

Thank you for replying .. I have tried all avenues now.. even the live chat and calling support in the UK and have been told it's not possible to sort my problem and to go to a vodafone store in the Netherlands where I can get a new SIM ..  😶

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @gazchurch

Any Vodafone Customer Service advisor should have been more than aware that Vodafone Netherlands is a separate company and different network and cannot possible give you a new SIM for Vodafone UK.  Perhaps the advisor was recommending a Vodafone Netherlands SIM for an unlocked phone.

If you contact Vodafone again you may get an advisor who understands your problem and will be able to check your account for any roaming restrictions or SIM card errors and solve your access problems in Holland.

The Team will pick up this thread as soon as possible but with the weekend coming, it won't be quick when you are left without any service in Holland.

View more options

@gazchurch You'll need to make sure there's no roaming bars on your account for your service to work when in Holland. You can check this via your My Vodafone account here: http://vodafone.uk/2EF9OZr

You'll also need to make sure your data roaming is active on your phone. This will be within your mobile phone settings and you'll be able to find more information on how to this in our device guide: vodafone.uk/29xUjXQ

Lastly, if you're still struggling, you'll need to perform a manual roam to connect to the local network in Holland. Via the link to our device guide, please check, 'Select Network' on how to perform this. 

Please let us know if you've any further issues.

View more options