Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

B1 - Birmingham

Aleo1985
1: Seeker

Hi,

I joined Vodafone about 3 weeks ago and since doing so have been unable to make or receive voice calls from my phone in the postcode area (B1) where I live.  The rest of the services on my phone (text, mobile data) work fine.  Looking at the network issues part of Vodafone's website, it references issues with voice calls in my area.  Whilst I can appreciate that the network goes down from time to time, the fact that it has been at least 3 weeks without resolution seems unacceptable.  I made a complaint on Vodafone's online form and have since had texts from various people at Vodafone saying they'll call me to discuss my complaint but that they've have been unable to get through to my phone!  I wonder why!  This evening I managed to speak to someone from the customer services desk (ringing on my wife's phone which is on another network) and was told that the time to fix is another 17 days!  And whilst he was very polite, he reported that there was nothing he could do to speed this up.  

Having been with O2 for a number of years and never experienced anything like this; is this typical for Vodafone?  Have I made a big mistake in switching network providers?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Aleo1985

I appreciate how frustrating it is when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

Masts can and will have issues with them. 

I use / used all the Uk Networks and I can experience issues occasionally with them all. 

Last week a main Network and a Mvno had issues will calls everywhere. 

There are options a person can use to ensure they have the best chance of remaining connected. 

1, Sure Signal that costs a one off £69 that creates a 3G signal in the home that works Off Home Broadband WiFi. 

2, Calling Over WiFi for people on eligible contracts and using an accepted phone model. 

Im not in a position to conclude you’ve made a wrong decision to move Networks. You do have a 30 day cooling off period. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.