main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

B97 Brockhill Redditch. Little to no Phone signal

Louis1725
2: Seeker

Post Title: B97 Brockhill Redditch

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just in the immediate area.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

B97 6JQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, Same Issue

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor signal, 1to 2 bars max, indoors and outdoors. 4g often shows connected but when trying to use, will drop down to H+ or 3g but with very slow speeds. Usually only able to connect to 2g so no use for data, and also struggle to get sms messages through due to poor signal, have to go to third floor of the house to get a usable signal for smsmessages to come through.

I have no issues with the service when I leave the area, and have on the odd occasion even enjoyed connecting to the 5g network.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

The signal has always been poor, but had a drop out of the internet for a whole day and had to fall back onto Vodaphone network and it was unusable. So had to use a Three sim which had no issues.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can't see any immediate issues via your postcode in the Vodafone status-checker  @Louis1725 

I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Team's will take a closer look for you.

As your service is affected in “ just your immediate area ”, I'm thinking this is a network signal connection drop due to mast congestion and should hopefully self resolve.

Try a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and then back On and if necessary go into your phone's connection settings and then choose a different network and then re choose Vodafone. This may / may not help.

Are you able to take advantage of the Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi feature  ?

I wish you all the best with this.  

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Louis1725 

Using the zoom out feature on the network status, you are right on the edge of a patch of limited service and that may well be be cause of your network issues, try changing the network mode to 2G only, this may be stronger and although slow for internet use will provide calls and texts.

The other alternative is as always WiFi calling.  See here: WiFi calling 

View more options
Beth

Hi @Louis1725! Thanks for the information, I've taken a look at the postcode you've provided and the coverage is reflecting as good indoors and outdoors on our Network Status Checker as @BandOfBrothers mentioned. There is a patch of limited coverage nearby as @AnnS said, and this can unfortunately increase the traffic through your mast (No. 81937), however there is no downtime or maintenance within the area at the moment.

What's the make and model of your phone and have you tried your SIM in another phone in the postcode to see if the issue persists?

View more options
Louis1725
2: Seeker

Thankyou for your replies. My current phone I am using is a Less than year old Galaxy S20 Ultra. I have tried my sim in an old Note 8 and Huawei phone and Tablet, all with the same issues. My address is right in the edge of the poor signal area on the network signal checker, so that will be my issue. Thankyou for suggesting info about forcing the phone into 2g mode for calls and texts, but 2g is also an issue at my address, see attached network test. 

Screenshot_20210302-153948_Coverage Map.jpg

 2g edge is the only avaliable signal today with a max of 1 bar when it does show, but unable to complete a test.

I have had no issues with the phone signal anywhere else, but when home I get numerous dropped/missed calls, with a text a few minutes after the dropped/missed call informing me. 

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Louis1725 

WiFi calling is going to be your solution here, you have the S20 Ultra and it's on the list of supported devices for calling and text messaging. 

It's simple enough to set up, I enabled mine just by texting CALLING to 97888, you will need to turn on the service in your My Vodafone Application and on your phone, you are then able to enjoy the same service without any drop outs as you would using the network.  The link for WiFi calling is in my reply above.

View more options