main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

BN1 - Brighton - No data connection at all

Highlighted
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I'm at work, I can't roam and check. 

2) What is the full postcode

BN1 4JB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, identical issue with full signal and no data.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors - just nothing loads (including My Vodafone)

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

3G/4G data

6) When did you first notice this issue?

13:09 23/04/19

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Constant since first noticed.

Have tried everything short of hard resetting phone (although SIM has been tried in another handset, with no difference). Switched networks, re-registered on Vodafone, restarted, airplane mode, etc.

View more options
10 REPLIES 10

To add; I'm able to make and receive calls fine

View more options

@d_g_l Thanks for raising this to us.

I can confirm that we're currently aware of an issue in the Brighton area and are working hard to improve the data speeds there. There are a number of improvements that should help in the long-term and any planned maintenance will show on our network status checker

As you've noticed a change more recently, please follow the details I've sent in the private message you should receive shortly. I'll then be able to raise this to our Engineers to see if any recent changes have been made.

View more options
1: Seeker

I am having the exact same issue - BN1 4EW

View more options
16: Advanced member

Beacon 2 Capacity adds of L26 have commenced in Brighton. This will improve the network experience.

View more options

Since I first encountered this issue on Tuesday, I can confirm that it seems to be limited to the central area of Brighton - I'm not encountering any data issues at home (BN3)

It's also still present - currently have no data connection with full 4G signal.

View more options

@Katej3 -  Please complete the below steps: 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

3) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

4) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

5) When did you first notice this issue?

6) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

@d_g_l  - Thanks for replying again. We’ve got your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

View more options

We use a GPRS connected card machine at work (where the issue is occurring). Today, it seems to think that because Vodafone is offering the strongest signal compared to other networks, it's going to default back to connecting via Vodafone every time.

Problem being, there's no goddamn data connection.

Also; I received an email asking for a set of 5 speedtest screenshots run at this location over the course of a day. I can only assume it was sent as a joke for two reasons; One, I'm at work (and it's not my job). Two, if I can't get a data connection how can I run a speed test?

View more options

@d_g_l With the details we've requested, we'll be able to raise a case with our Engineers. With the speed tests we'll be able to show our Engineers the affect this is having on your service throughout the day.
If you're unable to complete the tests, please send screenshots of your attempts. With this information, they'll be able to investigate further.

View more options

What information, exactly? It's a blank page that doesn't load. They're all blank pages because there is no data connection. Can they use divining rods, or perhaps crystals, over the images of a blank page to identify the problem?

View more options

@d_g_l Even if the screen is blank and doesn't load, please take a screenshot of this and send it over. This will confirm the severity of the problem you're having and our Engineers will be able to use this information, as part of their investigation. 

View more options