Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BR6 - Farnborough (Kent) Poor Signal

Dids
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

There is currently a known issue listed on the Vodafone web site, the issue is causing a poor signal and I am unable to use my phone. The issue has been outstanding for nearly a week.  Can someone please give me an idea when the issue will be sorted.  The issue is poor or no signal around postcode BR6 7DN 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Totally appreciate how frustrating this must be for you when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

A person should be able to register for updates in the Network Checker. 

This is from Vodafones support page in regards to timescales > Network-queries-frequently-asked-questions.

I hope this resolves for you and others affected asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I’m aware of the information provided on your web site which would appear to be a standard information that is posted for all faults, the information hasn’t changed since the start of the fault. Is there no way that someone could give me a proper update as to what is going on and what sort of time scales we can expect,  for nearly a week I have been unable to properly make or receive calls from my home

BandOfBrothers

You are very welcome.  :Smiling:

As a fellow customer I understandably cannot access Vodafones systems. 

The link about timescales covers why one isnt always viable or possible. 

Maybe one of the Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts will be able to further help once they catch up with your post. Wether or not they'll be able to give a timescale is down to them. 

Again i hope this is resolved asap for you all. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The problem still exists however when I check the status of the issue on the web site I am now told there are no known issues in my area and no planned maintenance.  I am still having to walk up my road to make calls.  I usually have a full signal in my home I now have one bar if I’m lucky.  I understand things go wrong but the lack of customer communication on Vodafone’s part is very poor.  I signed up for text updates but have received nothing (it can take hours before I receive texts anyway) - as a paying customer all I’m asking is to be kept up to date and if I’m likely to be able to use the services I’m paying for anytime soon (or again).  Do I need to take my hard earn cash somewhere else?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've taken a look into your area @Dids and we're unaware of any issues.

You do have low coverage in your area for 2G, 3G and 4G.

I've checked your sites (5311 for 2G and 4G, and 33925 for 3G) and both are performing correctly without any faults or issues.

As the issues you're experiencing are due to general coverage and not a network fault, we'd recommend switching your phone to 2G in your settings to see if this improves things for you.

You can also see if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling, which will help when making calls, or our Sure Signal devices are also handy to use at home as they generate a 3G signal.

Thanks for your reply, when I entered my postcode BR67DN on your web site several days ago It told me that there was a known issue in my area and you were working hard to fix it.  It now tells me there is no issue.  For the last four years I have happily used my phone in my home with a full 3G signal.  I can see the building from my window where your mast is housed - Address.......  

British Telecom
Telephone Exchange
Church Road
Farnborough
ORPINGTON
BR6 7DB

There is an agreed planning application on the Bromley council website to have your antennas upgraded

https://www.mastdata.com/0/address/address.aspx?AdID=117151

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dids So we can take a closer look into the issues you're experiencing with your signal, I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team.

Thank you Vodafone, the problem has finally been fixed. Once again I can make calls in my home without having to walk up the road.

Dave

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dids I've just checked the case we raised for you under INC3213640. I can see your local mast came back on-air yesterday and service was restored.

I'm happy to see everything is now back to normal on your end, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know 😄