Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT6 Belfast Mobile Data Not Working

Jill_Belfast
2: Seeker

1) My 4g/3G is not working in any location despite the 4g symbol showing as normal on my phone.

2) Home postcode is BT6 9GQ

3) I don't have another phone to try but put it in my IPad and the same problem occurred.

4) There are no errors, it just tries for ages to connect to a web page then safari advises it is not responding as there is no network connection.

5) 2G phones and texts are working as normal. I have manually changed the setting from 4G to 3G but the resulting issue is exactly the same.

6) The issue started on Friday 3rd Feb in the morning and has not worked since.

7) The issue is permanent.

18 REPLIES 18

Seems to be pointing to an Account issue !

Hopefully the Super Users will be able to resolve this ~ that's if it doesn't itself in the meantime. 

Fingers crossed for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jill_Belfast
@Tom

Is there someone in the tech team could check my account to make sure that is not the problem? It was the super users in the complaints team that were changing things in it trying to get my price plan to stick to my account.

Thanks

Jill

Jill_Belfast
The sim swap did not go well!!

I put my mums sim in my phone- the phone did not receive a text with new settings so didn't seem to register the new sim. Phone calls worked but it said no data had been activated. I am pay monthly, she is Vodafone PAYG I'm not sure if that was the issue?

I then put my sim in my dads iphone7+ he is EE but the phone is unlocked for any sim. He received a text with the settings and updated them but the issue remained with 4G not doing anything. After replacing my sim with his own and resetting the network settings, his EE data is now not working. He has gone to restore a back up.

So I don't know if that points to a sim or phone issue

I'd tend to agree that this looks like it is more account based, particularly when you have had superusers working on your account over the period.  Personally, I would refer back to either customer services when they have an update available from the superuser team or wait for the Tech Team to pick up your issue. 

Thanks @forumfairy

From the start I thought it was account based it's just very frustrating when I phone or live chat with Vodafone and am told it could not be anything they have done and it goes round in circles. Hopefully tomorrow they will look into it further.

Can totally understand your frustration. 😞  Hopefully they'll have an answer for you tomorrow and have you back up and running soon. 🙂

Hi @Jill_Belfast

Vodafone Payg and Vodafone Pay Monthly uses different Apn Settings so if they didn't update automatically then they would have needed to be updated manually. 

In regards to the settings successfully updating in your Dads phone but still no access to me is the process of elimination that confirms this is Account based. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jill_Belfast
So it's still not working I rang Vodafone complaints to follow up and they claim they didn't do anything that could impact the data. I then went to a Vodafone store to see if they could help me, he confirmed my settings were right and said there's no point trying a different sim. Apparently Vodafone stores only do sales not support so he told me to take the phone to Apple and hope it's faulty otherwise let them prove it's ok and try again with Vodafone.

I don't understand why Vodafone don't have a tech support person to actually speak to on the phone it's so frustrating.

Thanks all that tried to help me anyway.

@Jill_Belfast I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.