Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT6 Belfast Mobile Data Not Working

Jill_Belfast
2: Seeker

1) My 4g/3G is not working in any location despite the 4g symbol showing as normal on my phone.

2) Home postcode is BT6 9GQ

3) I don't have another phone to try but put it in my IPad and the same problem occurred.

4) There are no errors, it just tries for ages to connect to a web page then safari advises it is not responding as there is no network connection.

5) 2G phones and texts are working as normal. I have manually changed the setting from 4G to 3G but the resulting issue is exactly the same.

6) The issue started on Friday 3rd Feb in the morning and has not worked since.

7) The issue is permanent.

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Jill_Belfast

Using the Vodafone Network Checker

your local and surrounding masts report no issues. 

Although an indication of signal and not a guarantee it's also suggesting 4G and 3G should be good. 

Sometimes this can be a glitch and self resolves. 

Try turning the phone off and on. 

Sometimes msnually choosing another network in the phone settings and then re choose Vodafone can help. 

Try texting WEB to 40127. 

Can i also ask which phone make and model your using ?

I appreciate you've tried an iPad but it would be beneficial if try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. A friend , family members that's unlocked or already on Vodafone perhaps.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store could try your Sim in one of their i house phones. 

Try another Vodafone Sim in your phone if you have one.

If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Jill_Belfast I've checked your local serving site (33782) and it's performing as expected.

You should be getting a strong signal for 2G, 3G and 4G in your area.

Please text 'WEB' to 40127 as @BandOfBrothers has suggested and let us know if the issue persists.

Hi

I did text web to that number on Friday and have just done it again and installed the profile it sent me but the problem still exists.

I have just arranged to meet someone with a Vodafone iphone6 to try a sim swap so I will report back on whether my sim works in a different phone and vice Versa later.

Thanks

Jill

Ok.

Is your myvodafone showing free of any data bars being toggled On ?

Does the issue persist even when away from your local and surrounding area. 

Current Phone  >

Just a thought but try hooking up to iTunes to see if this updates anything like Carrier settings. 

Apple Link on Carrier Settings.

Current Phone  >

I don't use iTunes because I don't have a desktop- I use iCloud for everything that's what I restored from last night. I checked my account there were no bars on so I enabled the data bar thinking when I disabled it again it might fix it- I think I've made it worse!! I got a text confirming my request to add the block was successful but when I go back into Bars it is set to off so I can't disable it.

The last conversation I had with Vodafone asking could they have caused this was yesterday- they told me their superusers were working on my account but won't be back until Monday to ask and they don't know the system well enough to check!

thanks

jill

Hi @BandofBrothers

Its an iphone7 IOS 10.2.1

I have already tried all of the rest options with both Vodafone and Apple- hard reset, remove SIM, restore network settings, changed to 2 then back, Apple ran diagnostics on the phone and finally I erased everything and did a full factory reset. Nothing helped

Vodafone super users were working on my phone on Thursday trying to fix my monthly plan as it keeps billing zero- I'm still concerned they have done something that could cause this- is that possible??? My Vodafone account looks normal and shows I have over 10GB left so there is no obvious issue there.

I will try and find someone with the same phone to swap sims and see what happens and let you know.

thanks

@Jill_Belfast

Certainly sounds like you've tried all you can at your end. 

From what you say it could turn out to be Account based.

Customer service can flush your Account by resetting it. They can remove the data part and re enable it. 

Also check in your online myvodafone just to check no relevant bars are toggled On. 

Current Phone  >

Jill_Belfast
Panic over I got the data bar back off lol. I'm trying the other phone at 1pm so I will let you know how it goes.