main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Bad signal for 8 months and still told to wait!

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi I’m at the end of my rope and hoping to find some support anywhere I can. I’ve had poor to no signal at home for 8 months now and every time I call I’m just told “the mast is under repair but will be fixed in 1/2/3/4 weeks”. I’ve tried 2 sure signals and WiFi calling but nothing works across 3 devices.

just so sick of being constantly fobbed off and considering taking legal action.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue and what would they recommend?

22 REPLIES 22
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wbriggs 

You need to follow this link Network Issues complete the pro forma giving an example of this issue, this will give the Team on the forum something to go on.  They will then be able to get back to you with help.

View more options

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It is all over my home, I have to walk 2-3 mins to the main road to get semi-good signal.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

IG9 5JP, your post code checker says it is good signal but your tech team always say there is a mast down/under repair.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

We have 3 phones on Vodafone and it is the same on all.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

usualy just cuts off and says ‘call failed’ on the screen. Sometimes doesn’t even connect and I get a missed call alert an hour or so later.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Sep/ Oct 2018

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent.

Permanent

Thanks for confirming this @Wbriggs  👍

I can see we only guarantee a strong service outside in your area. I'm sorry you've  not been given this information sooner We do offer a number of solutions to help keep you connected when this happens. If your phone's compatible, we can add Wi-Fi Calling to your plan at no extra cost. This will allow you to make and receive calls whenever you're connect to WiFi.

If this isn't suitable, we also offer the Vodafone Sure Signal, this will offer a stable 3G service for upto 32 registered Vodafone numbers.

View more options

I have exactly the same situation although for 2 months or so.

The signal used to be very good, which is why I chose VF in the first place. Approx 2 months ago the signal dropped off almost completely - one bar signal upstairs only. All VF customers in my village have the same issue so its nothing to do with my phones or set up.

Praveen, Ramesh. Guptil are completely unable to state why the signal has been degraded or when it will be restored and give various unconvincing excuses, the latest being related to the upgrade to 5G. Absolute nonsense.

I've been online chatting today about getting compensation so I'll let you know where that goes.

Meantime I'm advised to go fetch a suresignal box from a shop which I have to pay c£60 for. I'm assured that I will get a £60 credit on my account so well done VF you'd be £60 cash up on the deal.

View more options

Had the sure signal and had the WiFi calling but it doesn’t help. If you look at the images I’ve added you will see that I’m supposed to get good indoor and outdoor according to your website 

@StuartGreen It's a shame to hear you've been experiencing similar issues with your coverage, I know how important it is to stay connected. To rule out any other possible issues, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread. If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

@Wbriggs I'm pleased to hear you already have a Sure Signal device 👍 If you have a a broadband connection, the Sure Signal device will connect through this generating a 3G signal - even in areas with no reception.

Sometimes if you're using the internet heavily at the same time, it may affect the performance of your Sure Signal. If you're still having issues with your Sure Signal device, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username. 

View more options

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

It has affected the village I live in and the local area. All VF customers have shared their experiences via a WhatsApp group and all report exactly the same frustration at that what used to be a good service has been downgraded.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

LN9 6LR, your tech team always say there is a mast down/under repair and sometimes give conflicting stories, which has lead to complete mistrust of anything they say.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

We have 2 phones on Vodafone and it is the same on all.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

The phones show 'No Service' most of the time around the house, we have to go upstairs to get one bar signal.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

March 2019

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent.

Permanent

View more options

@StuartGreen Thanks for providing all of that information 👍 I've taken a closer look into the postcode area, we're currently unaware of any unexpected network issues ain your area on our network status checker at the moment, which could be causing disruption to your services. I appreciate there's other phones that are experiencing the same issue, to investigate further I'll need you to try your SIM card in a different handset to rule out any other possible issues. Please let me know the outcome of this.

View more options

I've been through all the settings checks via the online chat advisers and there is nothing wrong with my phone or my wife's. In any case I dont have a spare handset just lying around.

The tech/network team have confirmed to me that their testing shows that there is definately a very weak signal in this location. This was not previously the case so something has changed, either deliberately or because of a fault.

The most recent excuse from India was that the weak signal is caused by the upgrading of the network to 5G. Can you confirm that to be a true statement?

View more options

Absolutely ridiculous, clearly not bothered or paying any attention to what I have written! It’s just getting to the point where you are blatantly ignorant to your customers needs!!! THE SURE SIGNAL DOESNT WORK I have said it on all my threads for God’s sake! As usual some idiot copying off a script...

View more options

The image says a thousand words, over 300 posts and....... 1 helpful comment🤣. Perfectly sums up Vodafone customer service.

You will just get given excuse after excuse, every department will blame another it’s a joke. My advice is to cut your losses and run for the hills. Also contact the people in the image I’m adding, process takes 6weeks or so but they will force Vodafone to pay you back for time, stress and loss of service. CISAS will totally have your back and it’s free.

Thanks Wbriggs I will have a look at the website, I sympathise with your predicament - especially the length of time you've been srtung along. I had thought for a brief moment on this forum VF could actually do something or at least respond positively and explain why VF had degraded my signal from what it was. How naive. They just work of the script and try to blame the customer - SIM card, settings etc etc. I was even told by a Khalid that the weather may have an effect, like the guys in India would have a clue about rural Lincolnshire!

Apparently India has marked my file with a note about the poor signal and sent a message to the billng people so that a compensation credit will be applied to my account. Curious about how that will turn out.

In the meantime I'm going to start conversations about cancelling my contract, no doubt an long haul.

View more options

@Wbriggs  - I’m sorry you feel this way! I understand the information you’re seeing on our Network Coverage Checker. I’ve taken a closer look at the sites from here and it's showing a variable indoor coverage.

As your Sure Signal isn’t working, we can help with this. Please follow the steps from our Sure Signal troubleshooting guide. If this doesn’t help, then please get in touch with us via Facebook PM at Vodafone UK, or through Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK.

@StuartGreen  – I don’t want you to feel like we work off a script.

With the coverage for your area showing as variable, this will be why you’re facing the indoor signal issues. With you saying it’s recently got worse, we can raise this to our Network Engineers. They can then investigate this further.

For us to do this, we’ll need to take some details from you securely. Please get in touch with us through Facebook PM for Vodafone UK. Alternatively, via Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK (when you do this please include your username and a link to this thread).

View more options

I have submitted security details via Messenger. The last reply I received stared that I would soon receive a text with a security code but have not received such text.

Looking at my mobile this morning I have 'No Service'

I want to be put in touch with somone to tranfer my business to another provider; I'm told that locally EE provide the best signal so I'll go to them.

View more options

I'm sorry if we've missed your message @StuartGreen, we wouldn't have done this deliberately. If we've still not replied, please contact us again through the same conversation and we'll be in touch shortly. 

View more options

I note that someone has tried to call me, but guess what, because I have a poor signal they couldnt get through and had to leave a message.

I have also sent another message via Messenger.

View more options

That's great @StuartGreen👍 One of the team will be in touch as soon as we reach your message.

View more options

You'll have to schedule a time for tomorrow because I'm not prepared to sit upstairs (the only place I can get a signal) just to wait for a call.

View more options