main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

CCTV mobile access

Quantum100
2: Seeker

Hi, hopefully this is in the correct place.

I am unable to access my cctv cameras when on mobile data. I have an iPhone and when on Wi-fi both at home or work this works fine, but on Vodafone 3G or 4G I am no longer able to access the feed / playback. I have tried with a BT mobile sim in my phone and it worked straight away so cannot be an access issue with the CVTV system as no setting on the iPhone were changed apart from the SIM card. 

Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Evie

Hey there @Quantum100 - What happens when you try to access the CCTV feed? Could you provide us with any screenshots of errors you get? You can attach the photos to your posts 📷

View more options
Quantum100

Hi, photo attached. Just states error. Spoken to app developer and they’ve said it’s because of no internet connection. Have 4G signal but no connection on app. 

DB45AD2E-203B-47F8-B46F-90B6D6BD91BB.png

View more options
Tash

@Quantum100 Thanks for sending the screenshot over to us! Do you have any APN settings on your CCTV that may need to be updated? Do you have another phone to test downloading the app with your SIM inserted? 

It may also be that you need to ensure the app has mobile data switched on within your phone's settings

If these steps don't work for you, I'd advise reaching out to the manufacturer again for any advice they may have for setting this up with a data connection. 

View more options
Quantum100

I have put a different sim in my phone which isn’t Vodafone and it works straight away. Therefore it’s not the app or the cctv system or the phone settings. It won’t work on my sons phone also Vodafone but when I put a non Vodafone sim in his phone it also works straight away so the issue has to be Vodafone blocking the connection. 

View more options