Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV2 Poor Signal

Usman11
4: Newbie
'First half of post code - Area' e.g. CV2 - Stoke

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? About a mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. CV2 5LW

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Poor and intermittent signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All, your coverage checkers says good 4g indoors but I'm barely getting 2g

6) When did you first notice this issue? 5th Dec

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent
11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Local masts look OK but there has been some maintenance work which can take occasionally a few days to settle. 

"

We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 8am 08 Dec 2016 and 6pm 10 Dec 2016.~"

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Usman11
Hi, I noticed the issue from last Monday, now I've got barely any signal keeps going to emergency calls only

BandOfBrothers

I understand how frustrating it is when signal is weak , intermittent or non existent. 

Please try re booting the phone by turning it Off and On periodically. 

Current Phone  >

Usman11
I've tried rebooting the phone and have swapped the sim from another s6 edge + on another network but get the same issue (yes I did install the network settings first)

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough. 

It may then take a short while for the mast(s) to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Usman11 We've recently completed some maintanence work within your area, as mentioned by @BandOfBrothers

Apologies if you noticed any disruption. 

I've also taken a look at your local serving site (73222) and can see that it's performing as it should be, with no dips or performance or faults raised. 

Please let us know if you're still having trouble. 

Usman11
Thanks but there definitely is an issue since the recent works. I used to have a good 4g signal indoors which is what I should be getting according to your network checker. However, I'm now getting barely one bar on 3g which frequently goes to no signal. This isn't how it was and something is definitely wrong, if this is the signal I'm going to receive then you should update your coverage checker to say patch 3g indoor coverage! I've checked outside and I don't get 4g either in this postcode so you can't blame the house walls.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Usman11 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to investigate further once you've contacted us. 

Thanks, i've filled in the form and got the "Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch" but still no email with a reference number, i tried 3 times and the text was only 800 characters. I've sent you the form directly on here.

Regards.