Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV35 - WARWICK

B_Tank88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just seen in CV35 so far.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

CV35 0RR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Can't test this yet.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just no data connectivity in 4G. The 4G symbol is shown with 2 bars, but the data doesn't work, i.e. no webpage loads no speedtests work. Using 3G does work though. I have seen this issue today for last 3 hours.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only 4G so far. Not on 3G. Not tested 2G. Only on mobile data.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

3 Hours ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent so far, for last few hours.

Using a Galaxy Note 3.

52 REPLIES 52

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's really useful, thanks @wernert

I've made sure our Network engineers have seen your speedtest results. Once we have another update, we'll be in touch. 

Any update on this? Not heard anything for a few weeks.

Just done a test now

12th Oct @ 07.24 - 1.85Mbps (10.31Mbps Upload / 43ms Ping)

Is the 4G speed issue likely to be address in this area?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for providing us with a recent speedtest @wernert - I've passed this along to our Network engineers.

I can see that the site is continuing to be investigated. Once we have any updates, we'll add them to the thread.

Thank you, but I would like to know what is actually being done.

The only response ive received is that the data has been passed to network team and they are investigating.

What has already been done?
Whats is currently being done?
What is the future plan and timing?

I have seen no progress or improvement since my original post on here almost 1 month ago.

Just done another tes:

12th Oct @ 10.01 - 0.32Mbps (0.76Mbps Upload / 36ms Ping)

I will be considering terminating my contract early and taking up another provider as I am not getting the service I'm paying for.

Just to echo above poster's problems....it still sucks for me here as well (same postcode CV35 0...). It has done for several weeks now. I have 3 bars of 4G signal, but have sod all bandwidth to allow me to do anything with it.

Vodaphone simply do not have the capacity in the towers in this area to cope with the demand for it. Desbite 4G coverage, no data....

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wernert @andehh - I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. 

Our Network engineers are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Please see our list of reasons, as to why we’re unable to give further information or a timescale.

You can find the fault is also logged on our Network status checker.

Any update on this issue?

10 Days since you confirmed "Engineers" are looking into the issue.

Weeks and Weeks, and still no marked improvement.

Latest Reading

23rd Oct @ 08.22 - 1.35Mbps (4.11Mbps Upload / 35ms Ping)

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @wernert. I've passed your speedtest results on to our engineers.

As @Gemma mentioned, we're unable to provide a timescale.

Our Network engineers are investigating the site and working hard to resolve this - once we've got any updates, we'll add this to the thread.

@Gemma @ Natasha

Thanks for the update I guess.

I understand that no one wants to commit to a resolution date, but some time scale would be nice.

2 further tests ran today:

26th Oct @ 07.01 - 16.12Mbps (14.42Mbps Upload / 45ms Ping)

26th Oct @ 11.01 - 0.71Mbps (2.64Mbps Upload / 44ms Ping)

Both tests done at the exact same location under the same conditions.

There has been no noticable effect since I initially reported the issue on the 19th Sept. That means in 28 working days, no resolution has been found.

As mentioned before, it also seems clear that the issue is bandwidth management. Case and point from this morning at 07.01 achieving 16.12Mbps (Already reducing from what is capable, as I avhieved 35.29Mbps at 06.27 on the 29th Sept).

Without giving an exact date, are you able to say if this issue will be resolved within the next month, year, century?

Are there plans to either install a second mast to help manage traffic or upgrade the existing mast to better deal with the large volume of traffic.

Its shocking to see how the speed reduces from 35.29Mbps  to 0.32Mbps (Using highest and lowest values recorded)

That is a shocking 110x reduction in performance. Your "Technicians" are not going to be able to make that up with minor system optimisations and network tweaking.  (Or a 22x reduction in speed today between 7am and 11am).

Alternatively, if Vodafone will not consider major improvement in the area (New mast / extra antenna) please let me know, then I can save everyone the hassle and cancel my contract to move over to EE.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wernert I've had an update from our Network engineer today advising me that your mast has been visited recently and cleared of a fault. 

They've asked if you could let us know if you've seen any improvement since Friday 27 October. Please let us know either way, as we can then pass this back on to assist in their further investigation.