Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV35 - WARWICK

B_Tank88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just seen in CV35 so far.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

CV35 0RR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Can't test this yet.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just no data connectivity in 4G. The 4G symbol is shown with 2 bars, but the data doesn't work, i.e. no webpage loads no speedtests work. Using 3G does work though. I have seen this issue today for last 3 hours.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only 4G so far. Not on 3G. Not tested 2G. Only on mobile data.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

3 Hours ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent so far, for last few hours.

Using a Galaxy Note 3.

52 REPLIES 52

Morning,
Unless the fault they cleared included building a new tower, or doing something substantial, there is little hope.

Tests run this morning again to show over-utilisation of the mast.

2nd Nov @ 06.10 - 39.73Mbps (17.70Mbps Upload / 42ms Ping)

2nd Nov @ 07.29 - 0.60Mbps (4.32Mbps Upload / 46ms Ping)

2nd Nov @ 10.13 - 0.32Mbps (1.10Mbps Upload / 44ms Ping)

Seems your technicians need to go back and try again.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wernert - Our network engineers have seen your post and the examples you’ve given and they’ve re-raised this to be looked into.

Thanks for running the tests again. We’ll post back here as soon as we’ve an update.

Almost a week on and still the exact same situation.

8th Nov @ 06.37 - 29.58Mbps (12.49Mbps Upload / 31ms Ping)

8th Nov @ 07.51 - 0.44Mbps (4.69Mbps Upload / 37ms Ping)

I've also attached a chart I created from 44 different data point ranging from 06/09/17 up to today.

Chart plot shows both download (Blue) and upload (Orange) against time of day. To keep the scales in good proportion, I have excluded any tests later in the afternoon, although they follow the same pattern.

I leave the area at around 4pm daily, so unable to record the pick up again at the end of the day. I would estimate this to happen from around 4:30pm / 5pm onward.

Thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wernert Thanks for providing us with more up to date examples ðŸ™‚

I've sent these over to our Network engineers to help with their investigation under INC3100899. 

And so I enter yet another week of no action by Vodafone.

Even receive a call from customer loyalty team about promotions and deals....I think not.

Christmas is a good time to switch to someone who can actually provide me with service.

And to think the morning started so well.

13th Nov @ 06.09 - 39.51Mbps (20.98Mbps Upload / 46ms Ping)

13th Nov @ 07.04 - 25.19Mbps (15.82Mbps Upload / 45ms Ping)

13th Nov @ 08.12 - 0.67Mbps (5.21Mbps Upload / 41ms Ping)

13th Nov @ 11.25 - 0.42Mbps (1.26Mbps Upload / 51ms Ping)

Maybe its time you actually get engineers on the job and let the technicians go home!

(Engineer = Person with an Engineering degree such as BENG or MENG.)

Or have someone contact me with meaningful information, not just saying "we are looking into it". Vodafone has been "Looking into it" for a VERY long time now.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wernert I've passed on your latest speedtests to our Engineers, who will add this to their investigations.

We'll continue to update the thread once we receive any further information on INC3100899 from the dedicated team.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing, however please be assured that we're working hard to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @wernert, we've received an update from our Engineers.

The team are continuing to work hard to resolve the issues that you're experiencing and they're aware of the issue with 4G speeds around this area.

However, any timescales on when their investigations will be complete are unavailable.

We'd therefore be unable to provide any further updates for INC3100899 on this thread, however you can keep an eye on our network status checker for any planned upgrades in the area.

We appreciate that this may not be the response you were hoping for, however please be assured that our teams are continuing to work on resolving this to improve coverage.

Seems your "Engineers" are working very hard.

The online network status checker shows everything is good, with no issues. No unexpected issue or planned maintenance.

Yet another 2 tests this morning revealed a very different story. Same issue, same excuses, no progress.

20th Nov @ 06.08 - 41.80Mbps (15.54Mbps Upload / 38ms Ping)

20th Nov @ 08.14 - 0.36Mbps (4.82Mbps Upload / 42ms Ping)

Thats a 116 times drop in speed in just over 2 hours.

No progress since my first report of the issue on 19th Sept. No confidence as the only details released by vodafone are "we are working on it".

Disappointing would be an understatement.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wernert As @Tash has mentioned, we're aware of the issue with 4G speeds in your area. 

Our team are working to put future work in place to increase speeds, but we currently don't have a timescale we're able to provide for this. 

Once work is put into place, this will then appear on our network status checker under the planned upgrades tab. 

There's nothing currently showing as no work has been put into place yet, however be sure to keep an eye out ðŸ™‚

Unfortunately at this time, there's nothing more we're able to add with regards to this issue. 

@Alex Thank you for the information. Although what @Natasha has said is that they are working on it.

You just confirmed they are not currently doing anything about the issue, but will plan something at some time in the future.

Also, surely your tracker should show an issue in the area, as currently potential new customers could check and see "hey, full 4G. Thats brilliant" And then they find they are actually getting a fraction of what they should be getting.

The fault should also remain showing on the network status tracker until its been confirmed fixed.

(Unless the intent is to deceive customer that there is a fully functioning 4G network in this area...which there is definately NOT).