Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV35 - WARWICK

B_Tank88
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just seen in CV35 so far.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

CV35 0RR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Can't test this yet.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just no data connectivity in 4G. The 4G symbol is shown with 2 bars, but the data doesn't work, i.e. no webpage loads no speedtests work. Using 3G does work though. I have seen this issue today for last 3 hours.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only 4G so far. Not on 3G. Not tested 2G. Only on mobile data.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

3 Hours ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent so far, for last few hours.

Using a Galaxy Note 3.

52 REPLIES 52

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

All seems to be OK by checking get your postcode in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

It would be a good process of elimination to check your sim in another phone and another sim in your phone. 

As 3g is working OK it sounds lie your sim is OK but if this persists then any Vodafone store can sim swap to replace it. 

Sometimes a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to swap the sim if possible. I checked the coverage map already, gave back nothing.

I have restarted my phone several times already. Within the last hour or so there have been 2 spots of very slow data so some whatsapp's came through, but dead again after that. 

It's not just you, I am having the exact same problem - in the same postcode area. 

Inside/outside makes no difference and I always seem to have a solid 3G or 4G signal, just no bandwidth to back it up. It has been intermitent for the last day or so.

Forcing my phone to connect to 3G, as opposed to 4G, has some improvements but again itcan be sporadic at best.

Phone restarting, reconnecting to network (via airplane mode) and resetting network settings make no difference.

It is a Samsung S7 Edge.

It is worth noting this is not the first time this has happened, and seems to be a regular occurance every other week (or so) - one or two days with solid signal but no bandwidth.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@B_Tank88 @Andehh13 Please can you confirm if the issue you're experiencing only happens whilst using 4G? 

If you could also confirm when the issue started happening? 

Andehh13
It been especially bad today, with no 4G from mid morning onwards continuing all day until I left at 4pm.Dropping down to 3G got me going again but even that was flaky.

I'd say it happens 4-5 times a month with the exact symptoms. Perfectly solid 4G signal but no bandwidth then 3G works as a back up but quickly falls over.

I can only imagine it's an excessively congested tower that hits full bandwidth and chokes.

B_Tank88
I've only been with voda about a week but the first time I seen it was on my original post.

I changed to 3G and it worked but ropey. 4G nothing at all.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@B_Tank88 @Andehh13 I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Sent.

Also sent, PM'd it back to you and submitted the ticket.