Welcome to Vodafone Community
Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' LE16
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? any location, happens everywhere (london, brighton, birmingham, sheffield etc etc)
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? LE169GR
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? YES (tried in iPhone 5S running older IOi)
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Phone call goes silent after an unpredictable period of time, 5 seconds, 20 seconds/40/60 etc etc, stays silent, again for a random amount of time, usually 10/15 seconds, then reconnects, then drops out again randomly. no static or other noises heard.
Happens on incoming or outbound calls.
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? ALL
6) When did you first notice this issue? Some months ago, it was very intermittent so was able to live with the issue. Happens every call now and has done for the past 2/3 weeks
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent as in every call, intermittent with regards how long it takes for the call to go silent.
So far I have tried, new sim from Vodafone store with sim swap, current sim in other phone, wifi on/off, phone charging/not charging and bluetooth etc off/on. The only time I am able to make a reliable call is when using my WIFI connection, not provided by Vodafone.
Oscar- Is that Tungstone Way in Market Harborough ? If it is that area due to the amount of new houses built in the last few years does lack cell capacity especially at evenings and weekends. The cell that covers that are is by Little Bowden park next to the railway crossing.
If you go to St Marys Road area or in the town centre do you get the same problem ? As the cells on Rockingham Road and Fairfield road have recently been optimised which allows more capacity.
Sadly its Medora Close on the other new estate, ive been here for 3 years and no issues until recent.
With work I could be in Birmingham/Sheffield/London etc and the issue is the same no matter where I am.
Thanks for the reply
@oscar13williams From the information you've provided in your template, this would point to be an issue with your device or SIM card.
As you've already completed a SIM swap in one of our stores, this would make me think it's more than likely your device.
What device are you currently using?
Does this also affect your texts or mobile data services?
I can see you've tried your SIM card in another device, please try another SIM card in your device and see if the issue still happens.