Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't receive texts and calls

Spring
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi All,
I hope someone can help me. Since last Thursday I can't receive any phone calls or texts anymore. (Unfortunately including the texts to log in to my Vodafone account as well). I can still make phone calls and texts I send do reach the recipient. I checked and there are no network problems in my area.

Any advice?
Many thanks,
Irene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Spring

Is this happening everywhere ?

Have Customer Services On 191 checked your account ?

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination ?

Is this happening with anyone who tries to contact you or certain contacts - I’m thinking if it’s some form of call and text blocking feature in your phone !

Try removing your Sim Card and Re-Insert it. 

Try manually choosing another Network and then switch back to Vodafone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Spring

Is this happening everywhere ?

Have Customer Services On 191 checked your account ?

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination ?

Is this happening with anyone who tries to contact you or certain contacts - I’m thinking if it’s some form of call and text blocking feature in your phone !

Try removing your Sim Card and Re-Insert it. 

Try manually choosing another Network and then switch back to Vodafone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes it is happening in the NR15 area as well.   Apparently you upgraded a mast but I think something has gone wrong.  

Hi @BandOfBrothers,
Thank you for your reply.
This is indeed happening everywhere I've been the last few days and multiple people have let me know they can't reach me anymore. I've tried to find all the possible blocking features on my phone but no luck yet. Removing and re-inserting my Sim Card doesn't change anything, however I've not been able to try in another phone yet. 
I will try that when I get a chance and try manually using another network as well. I've not had customer service on 191 had it checked out either.
Thanks for the advice! Hope I'll get it sorted soon.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Spring Please do keep us updated with how you get on and let us know if you require any further help 🙂

Hi All,
Thanks for the help I received here. My problem is solved and as maybe the solution will help other people as well, I thought I post it here:
It turns out my phone had updated and deleted the carrier settings. I rebooted the phone without the sim card and then with the sim card, which prompted my phone to ask Vodafone for the carrier settings. (Which also shows how non tech savvy I am, I had removed the sim card before, but not turned the phone on without the sim card in... my mistake!)
Hope this helps someone else :). Thanks to my great brother for talking me through this!
Cheers,
Irene

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Spring That's great to hear you're now back up and running 😄

Thanks @BandOfBrothers for your help with this one!