Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot reverse sim swap fraud

vodaformuser1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

I'm desperate and looking for any guidance on a specific contact in Vodafone that can help.

On Monday night we were unfortunately victim to a sim swap fraud. After it happened we called Vodafone immediately to report it and within 30 minutes they supposedly managed to block the number before anything happened, and said the order to reverse the swap had been submitted, and would be complete shortly, but in any case by Tuesday morning at the latest. After successive calls, the timeline changed to Tuesday night, then Wednesday morning, then Wednesday night, then Thursday morning, and now on the phone with them, there's just no timeline, the agents can't tell if anyone is working on it and can only "send another email to the fraud team".

All this time, we can't access any accounts including banking, personal etc which all got locked and need a pin. At this point we're beside ourselves, because we can't get through to anyone that actually has the ability to action it themselves. Please, if anyone has had any experiences like this and know an actual direct channel to someone that can proactively do something, let me know.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @vodaformuser1 - I'm really sorry to hear what's happened and I completely understand how important it is to stay connected. 

We'll need to take a look at your account, to see what's happening with this SIM swap reversal. Please get in touch with us over Facebook or Twitter.  

You can also call the Fraud team directly on 0333 304 1665, they're open 8am until 8pm, 7 days a week.