main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Connect WAP

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have an Alcatel 3003G phone with a PAYG Big Value Bundle. As a pensioner I have not a clue how to set up WAP connection. Can anyone give me a step by step guide for this phone? Many thanks.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Saved 

Please see the link below, scroll down to 'I can't get internet on my phone' 

Get started with Vodafone mobile 

I have just realised that may be difficult for you.  Best way to to send a text to the shortcode number.  Also go to your connection settings on the phone and make sure prepaid is selected.

If only I could do this for you I would, such a shame stores are closed, they were always helpful setting up internet settings.

View more options
Highlighted

AnnS, thanks for your help. Sent text and followed instructions. Unfortunately when trying to access internet I get message:- "Secure Connection Failed"

Don't seem to have anywhere for "Prepaid"

Directed to Help Section but Alcatel model is completely different.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Saved 

The problem here looks like content control is on the account and needs to be removed by Vodafone.  You can see some FAQ's for content control here .

If you have been able to set up an online account and download the My Vodafone Application to the phone you can remove the restriction from there, quite sure you have to prove age by providing a credit card number (the phone may have been given to a child).

If you get stuck, live chat or Customer Services can help. Failing this you can contact the Social Media Team here but you will need a Twitter or Facebook account to send the message.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks AnnS, but no joy.  Did as you suggested but it appeared that the content control was already off. Still saying secure connection failed.

View more options