Welcome to Vodafone Community
Post Title: B97 - Redditch
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
An area with a min 200yd radius
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
Centred on B97 5YU
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Complete loss of signal
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All
6) When did you first notice this issue? 10 years ago at least. Previous reports made.
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
This is an estate of several hundred houses!!
It looks like we've actioned a number of upgrades to your site (81930) recently, with more scheduled at the beginning of next month @brentrobbo. This will show on our network status checker and update once it's completed If you're still having issues after this time, please update us on your thread here and we'll take a closer look into this for you.
It looks like your coverage is patchy for 2G, 3G and 4G - the planned changes may be able to improve this. In the meantime, either our Wi-Fi Calling feature or Sure Signal device would be beneficial, as both help with making and receiving calls in areas where you may usually struggle to get reception.
Thank you for replying.
The problem is not at home where I can take advantage of Wi-Fi calling but in the neighbourhood.
I'm puzzled by the upgrades that you refer to as the network coverage map shows absolutely no difference between current and planned coverage.
Bearing in mind that complaints have been made about coverage in this area for a number of years (without any significant improvement) your response is disappointingly vague.