main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Current Throttling on Mobile Broadband connections

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Just a quick question: Are Vodafone are currently throttling mobile broadband? 

Normally my wife and i woulld expect to get approx. 39Mbs where we live (my wife has a Note 9 and i have an S20+ but have noticed that in the last week or so that this has dwindled down to as low as 6Mbs. My EE Connection (dual sim for work) is still getting in excess of 90Mbs.

Now for context we live outside of any major areas where lots of people could be jumping on the local cell tower and unless there is a couple of people taht are using their mobile connections to post hours and hours of 8k video on line i cant see where the issue might be.

Additionally if i turn on my VPN my download speed goes back up to about 35Mbs (with some being lost due the nature of a VPN). 

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware Vodafone are not throttling speeds but that's just my personal viewpoint @inuk 

I understand your not near any major population but Vodafone could be using surrounding masts to help increase support for masts being used by lots of people to try and compensate for mast congestion - still.thisnis my own personal overview.

A person can check their masts via status-checker. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options