main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Data Roaming in the EU linit + 5G Coverage in the UK - new locations

Highlighted
10: Established

Hello!

The last time that I travelled to the Netherlands / Germany, I found out that foreign mobile networks have a greater data allowance ( 50GB ) to use abroad outside of their native country along with calling outside the EU.  When / why do we have lower amounts to have for each month and will the calling package be changed?  I do realise that data abroad costs, however when I am near a WIFI hotspot, then I switch on my VPN.  Also, is it possible to be advised when 5G will be coming to the IP4 postcode please?  The next time that we should be travelling, will be when the FCO advises that it is safe after this national emergency.

Thank you.

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello!

The last time that I travelled to the Netherlands / Germany, I found out that foreign mobile networks have a greater data allowance ( 50GB ) to use abroad outside of their native country along with calling outside the EU.  When / why do we have lower amounts to have for each month and will the calling package be changed?  I do realise that data abroad costs, however when I am near a WIFI hotspot, then I switch on my VPN.  Also, is it possible to be advised when 5G will be coming to the IP4 postcode please?  The next time that we should be travelling, will be when the FCO advises that it is safe after this national emergency.

Thank you.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

To see if there are any planned works in your area please use Vodafone status-checker. 

Data has always been tne most expensive part of an allowance to give @JamesBond  so this countries and other countries Network's gauge what they offer on supply and demand.

To keep up to date with Vodafone enhancements then the best place is the Vodafone Blog.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @JamesBond, we're not able to comment on any other providers fair usage limit, I can advise you that ours is 25GB. I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the change of a calling package, for account specific queries, please click here to speak to an agent via social media

Here are a few handy links for you which have more information:

You can also check through our Network Status Checker if your area has 5G by popping in your postcode and clicking the 5G option at the side- remember to zoom out on the map so you can see the whole area too 😊

View more options
Highlighted

Message for Beth - Moderater.

I am well aware of Vodafone UK roaming data allowance is 25 GB. Having friends within the EU on the respective Vodafone networks have said that their limit higher. I do know that data costs abroad, however why is there a discrepancy? As far as my account is concerned, all that I am kindly asking is why there is difference. 

View more options
Highlighted

@JamesBond We're not able to comment on other providers usage policies, this includes Vodafone Group members such as Vodafone Spain or Vodafone India etc as they will also have individual policies in regards to this.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@Beth wrote:

Hi @JamesBond, we're not able to comment on any other providers fair usage limit, I can advise you that ours is 25GB.  

To save confusion for Vodafone customers this information needs to be accurate. It's only the unlimited plans where there is a 25GB cap, other Red plans do not have a roaming FUP of 25GB.  

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks @AnnS, apologies for the confusion. You're correct, all our unlimited plans have a 25GB cap. Our Global Roaming Fair Usage Policy can be found here for other plans

View more options