main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Device won't connect wirelessly, but does work when wired.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

One of our devices (Laptop) fails to connect to the hub  wirelessly but works using a cable.  I looked at the Event Log and IPv6 was mentioned.  I turned this off but it still fails to connect.  I have the logs for both IPv6 and IPv4 attempted connections if that helps.

We recently changed from Virgin to Vodafone and it worked on Virgin.  We overlapped a week so we could iron out any problems as my wife works remotely for the NHS.  

I ideas would be gratefully received.

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

There are a few reasons your laptop is unable to connect via a WiFi connection. Depending on the location of the laptop in your home, you maybe out of the WiFi range. This could also be caused by interference by other electrical products, such as a Microwave, TV, baby monitor, or fish tank. This could also be caused. Depending on the age of the laptop, changing your WiFi frequency may help. You can do this by following these steps 👉

1. Download and install the Vodafone Broadband app on a device connected to the router's WiFi network 2. Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router.
  2. Tap on the 'My Wifi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wifi Channels' option.
  3. The next page will show you the two frequencies the wifi can broadcast on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, we need to change channels on both to have an effect.
  4. Select 2.4 GHz/5GH/z, and the app will display a list of channels, change the selected channel to one that has no numbers next to it on the left hand side.
  5. Check your wireless connection and change again if required.

If this doesn't help, or you need further assistance, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

View more options