main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

E or Edge signal not allowing data access

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

i have just purchased my daughter the iPhone 11 on a contract sim for Xmas. She has put the new SIM card in her old iPhone 7 till xmas day when she will transfer it to her new phone. When the phone shows E or Edge in the signal part she can't access any internet, games or Apps. She can however send I phone messages. 

I have read that when these symbols show she should still be able to access her data is this correct or is it just  poor signal in the area. 

Can anyone help. We have only had the SIM card a week and if no better will need returned. 

Thanks 

Lisa 

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

Edge is a poor data connection thus using apps and surfing can be a poorer  / slower experience than having a 3G connection @LisaBest 

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/iphone-edge-3g-support-difference-between-edge-... 

Check your postcode in 》 Status-checker 

And Vodafone have a help thread and template to use 》 Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You have a 14 Day Cooling Off Period to return the sim and phone without any early termination fee.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options