Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EC1N - London - Poor mobile broadband and 4G

kchong
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have mobile broadband that that I am unable to get a usable signal strength with. It's intermittent but about 90% of the time I need it I cannot connect or if I can it's weak and cannot load pages or open programs.  At the same time the 4G on my Iphone is also poor. Although it shows signal I cannot open or use any apps that I need.

This occurs in ec1n 8sb - I have to walk over 50meters to get a signal.

I would like to cancel the mobile broadband as I am not getting enough use out of it but was told I have to pay £229 to do so which is just the same as what's left on my contract so not worth it either way.

Is there anything I can do?  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration.

You’re in a good coverage area for both 3G and 4G.

I’ve checked your local 3G serving site (33453) and we’ve been carrying out some maintenance work. This can be found on our network status checker.

For your 4G site (1611), there’s some planned work that isn’t yet showing on there. Please monitor this, by subscribing to the page for updates (on our network status checker).

We’d advise you to wait until the work’s completed. Once it is, if you’re still experiencing poor speeds, then please post back your answers to the below template:

1) Does the issue still happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

3) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

4) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

5) When did you first notice this issue?

6) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

7) 3 speed test results from the last 24 hours 

We’ll then look into what’s happening.

We wouldn’t want you to leave us. We do offer a  30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee from when you first join or upgrade with us.

Thanks for replying I do appreciate that.

The problem is that I cannot reliably use the service and would just like to cancel my mobile broadband without paying a huge fee.

i have 3 phones with you and will continue to spend over £100 a month even if I cancel this.

can you help as a gesture of goodwill to a longstanding (over 10 years) customer?

thanks

Khin

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kchong We'd be unable to cancel this without the Early Termination Fee applying. This is consistent for every single one of our customer contracts, which is stated in our Ts&Cs

If you believe your device isn't reliable and this is impacting your usage, please fill out the above template provided by @Gemma. A member of the team can then look into this with you 🙂