Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EE v Vodafone

taxipaul
1: Seeker

Has anyone recently ditched EE and joined Vodafone and found that the signal quality is better?

Im getting call drop amd poor call quality ( even though ive got a signal booster) at my house in LE4 area of Leicester. I realise that there will be areas of poor quality with each provider.

Any replies will be helpful. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @taxipaul

Yes Networks have fringe coverage areas and not spots which is why personally I advise for a person thinking of joining a network to test out a Payg SIM card at their address , where they commute and work for a couple of weeks and ask neighbours what service they receive as Network Checkers are in place to give an indication of signal and speeds but isn't a guarantee. 

Can you please use the following official Vodafone Troubleshooting link to paste back here with your answers > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Vodafones Network Checker will highlight any known Mast issues for both local and surrounding cells. Just zoom out on the map to check surrounding masts. It'll show any maintenance, planned upgrades etc too. It'll also show what signal and speeds that should be available but isn't guaranteed. 

Pop your full postcode in > Vodafone > Our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

PedroC1999
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I've looked into the network layout of the LE4 area and all the networks are fairly similar. Maybe Vodafone's low band 4G will give a coverage advantage over EE though.

My parents live in the LE4 3 area of Leicester and EE perform better in my view at present.

With Vodafone as they have no VOLTE you can often find calls going to answer service as signal drops on 3G, With 4G speeds used to be good in this area but as the amount of users has grown the speeds have slowed down vastly, where as EE have upgraded the capacity and still get speeds over 40Mbps where as Vodafone perform s around 18-20 Mbps

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd be happy to investigate any signal issues you're experiencing @Uno28.

If you'd like us to take a closer look, please post back your results to our template

Thanks Natasha, This has already been investigated twice and both times the network engineers have come back to say that it is not a fault.

They have said it is due to the 3G signal and cell breathing during the day and evenings due to network load. They also said that the 4G signal travels further and better.

So hopefully once Vodafone sort out VOLTE for their customers this problem will go away,however time is fast running out there seems to be no update or signs of Vodafone doing this so will look at other networks once contract finishes in November 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Uno28 - if you do change your mind, our team can take a closer look and raise this with our Network Engineers for further investigation if required.

You can also keep an eye out on our VOLTE page for future updates as mentioned on your other post.