Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

EX17 - Lapford

chili_panda
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

About 40 metres up hill - previously had 2-3 bars of signal inside and 3-4 bars outside.  After a message from Vodafone to say that improvements were being made around 7 months ago i now have no signal indoors and 1-2 bars if i walk 40 metres up hill away from house

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

EX17 6QJ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes have used 3 diffrent phones

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

not able to make phone calls indoors

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7-8 months ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs

Permanent

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chili_panda I've checked your local serving sites (31179 for 2G and 11045 for 3G and 4G) and they're performing as expected.

I've also checked the coverage in your area and can see that you should be receiving a strong 2G signal. Your 3G and 4G signal will be weak when indoors.

Please provide us with the make and model of your phone, along with some specific instances where you've been unable to use your services.

chili_panda
I have a brand new samsung s6 egde, but this has also hadbthis problem with a iphone 4s and 5s. The problem occurs when im in my house.
I recived a text about 8 months ago to say work was being done and i may loose some signal and it has never recovered. I lose all signal and cant make anyphone calls in my house or any houses on my street. I have 1-2 bars when outside. This was the same across all three phones

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chili_panda - So we can look into this further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chili_panda We weren't able to locate any issues or faults with your local 2G serving site from the investigation @Jenny raised. 

As you're in a 2G only area, served from site (31179), you'll benefit from switching your phone settings down to 2G only to utilise calls and text messages. 

You may also benefit from a Vodafone Sure Signal or Wi-Fi Calling to help with coverage indoors. 

If you experience network issues whilst on 2G only, please let us know. 

chili_panda
I still have this problem in 2g.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chili_panda If you're experiencing call failures whilst on 2G only, please reply back to our last email with three specific timed examples over a 24 hour period. 

You'll need to include the number you've dialled/received a call from within your email.