main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Extremely low 4G+ speed

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hello, 

Since Friday my 4G+ speeds have gone extremely poor. Altogether, I have 5 devices with Vodafone. A 5G box which picks up 4G+ at present and usually around 100Mbps. I also have 3 personal and a business phone, all 5G ready. 

I am now getting download speeds on all device of less than 5Mbps download. My upload speed is higher around 8-10Mbps.

I have previously worked for Vodafone customer services and am fully aware of manual roaming, trying the sim in a different device. I have checked my sim on the network (*#105#) yet these speeds still haven't changed.

I have driven to a different location approx 2 miles down the road and connected to a different mast where I was getting up to 120Mbps on my phone. 

This is obviously an issues with my local mast. Checking your coverage checker doesn't show any issues. I have requested for network alerts in my area too yet have not received anything.

Can this please be picked up and dealt with urgently? I work from home and use my 5G box as my main connection. This is causing a lot of stress and wish to have it resolved as quickly as possible.  

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

For the Vodafone Social Media Team's to help and report any found issues back to the networking team it's advised to use the template in the following link and paste it back here with attached answers @Pedro_H 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, if I drive 2 miles down the road I get speeds that I normally see, around 100Mbps

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? WA3 (please see profile)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes, I have 5 devices altogether. 1 5g gigacube, 3 personal phones & one business phone. All 5 devices having the same issue. I have refreshed the sims on the network (manual roam) several times. Still having the same issues on all devices. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Just extremely slow internet. Can't stream programs properly. Kids can't play online games, etc. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All, 4G+ too 

6) When did you first notice this issue? Friday 9th October

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

View more options