Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full 4G Signal - but no 4G Internet Access in certain locations , N22 8HQ

philipjnc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Recently, in the post code area listed above, I have a 4G signal, and data works, but after a while it stops working, despite still having a full 4G signal. Webpages show the Not Connected to the Internet page. If I turn off 4G I can get 3G data fine.

I have also experienced this issue in the postcode area NW9 6RR. Elsewhere 4G works ok, it is just in these locations it seems to stop working despite having a good signal and I need to disable it and use 3G to get data - it happens at any time of the day.

I have tried resetting the network settings but still get this issue in these areas.

Any help as to what is happening / resolutions to fix it will be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@philipjnc my guess is there's too many people connected to the 4G cell in your area and it's struggling to cope. Switching to 3G would change you onto a different cell which may be less congested.

It's worth noting the NSC is showwing a couple of issues near to the second postcode so that could be contributing to the problems you're having in NW9

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@philipjnc I've taken a look at both postal areas and can see you should be getting good 4G coverage. 

Both 4G sites within these areas are performing as we'd expect, with no dips in performance or faults. 

So we can investigate further, please get in touch using the details from the private message I've sent.