main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

G22 - Glasgow - 5G Issues

Highlighted
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just at the postcode below as far as I'm aware.

2) What is the full postcode 

G22 7AR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Do not have any other 5G enabled devices to try this on.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors as I can still get a data connection.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

5G only.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

5G was working fine until 2 days ago. Now it's only connecting via 4G+.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Seems to be permanent as now no 5G signal is being picked up.

I have tried restarting my device and also resetting it but still no luck in picking up 5G again. 5G signal was always showing full bars and getting 200mbit/s+ speeds until Monday/Tuesday but now only getting 50mbit/s on 4g+. Is there any maintenance going on at my nearest 5G mast?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @hooversandhorns 

Right now its showing as limited coverage for 5G.

From 》 Vodafone status-checker Screenshot_20191205-131328_Samsung Internet.jpg

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

Network status checker has been showing that since the initial rollout of 5G, however, 5G has been working perfectly fine despite the website saying limited coverage.

I've got a clear line of sight on the nearest VF 5G mast,  approx just under a mile away from my location.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on the thread @hooversandhorns.

We've taken a look into the site (1202) and can confirm that you'd be right on the edge of 5G coverage while in the area. You should get a 5G connection while outdoors, however your 4G would be the strongest connection for you indoors and outdoors.

You can keep an eye out for any changes or improvements in the area for 5G when monitoring our network status checker.

View more options
Highlighted

So it turns out 5G came back for me yesterday and now it's faster than it was before.  Happy days.

View more options
Highlighted

Oh, that's great news @hooversandhorns; I'm glad to hear everything's working even better than it was before 🙌

View more options