Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

G81 - Clydebank

wibblemonster
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Speed consistently slow for months on different phones. Checked all APN settings etc. Signal quality is also consistently poor even while outdoors. If tested at other locations including AB56 - Cullen speed improves significantly so not a device issueSpeed consistently slow for months on different phones. Checked all APN settings etc. Signal quality is also consistently poor even while outdoors. If tested at other locations including AB56 - Cullen speed improves significantly so not a device issue

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There is some maintenance work carried out on surrounding masts.Screenshot_20171024-140150.png

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Maintainence not until 26 October though and doesn't explain why speeds have consistently poor at this location for months.

Attached is exact same phone, same SIM and same APN settings on a beach in a small rural village in the north of Scotland

Screenshot_20171024-153739.jpg

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wibblemonster So we can look into this further for you, please let us know your full postcode (you can also add this to your Community profile if you'd prefer not to post it here :Smiling:).

Thanks Natasha.

I've updated my profile with my postcode.

For information I even get better speeds and signal in an underground train station in Glasgow city centre compared to my home location, even when outdoors, where I believe one of your main masts is less than 0.25 miles away. This has been the case since I moved from EE to your network. On my previous network there was none of the poor speed issues I now experience on your 4G network.

@wibblemonster - Thanks for updating your postcode.

There aren’t any faults reported for the sites in your area. So that we can investigate this further with our network engineers, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks Gemma.

I've responded to the pm

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wibblemonster Thanks for letting us know. I've replied to your email earlier on today 🙂

@wibblemonster - Our network engineers have visited your area yesterday and ran some speed tests. They’ve done some maintenance on the serving sites and they’ve noticed a slight improvement after this.

I hope you feel the adjustment they’ve made!

There are no further plans at the moment to enhance the 4G in your area, although please keep a look out via our Network status checker for any planned updates.