Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

JDH
4: Newbie

I have major, ongoing problems with the signal strength at my workplace.  it affects both work and personal phones. The network checker shows no issues and indicates I should get full coverage 4G indoors and outdoors.  I sit in the corner of the building near many large windows.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Variable - it happens within my office building, but the strength externally is not much better.  I do manage to get 2 bar 4G around 2-300 yards from the building. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

GU14 6TQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not tried my sim in a different phone, but my work phone is also Vodafone and shows same problems.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

I do not get a stable, full strength signal.  My signal is usually 1-3 bars 3G, I occasionally get 1-2 bars 4G.  I increasing get nothing but E, again at only 1-2 bar strength.  On E & 3G, I usually get almost no data throughput - getting "No Network Connection" errors.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Been ongoing for months, the increase in getting E signal shows it getting worse.  Very difficult to report as Vodafone don't accept the customer's word for getting poor service, I have to go through this hassle.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.  Network performance marginally better first thing in the morning, but not enough to get excited about.

90 REPLIES 90

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 – Please get back back to us with your full postcode and we’ll check this further.

@JDH –Did you email us? If not, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Hi, managed to get the link to work, done.

Postcode is GU14 6FE

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JDH – I’m unable to see an email from your Community registered email address.

Did you receive an automated reply with a reference number (this will look like [#1694635])?

If so, please get back to us with the reference number and we’ll be able to track this.

If not, please recomplete the forum using the reference in the PM I sent and we’ll be able to look into this further. 23283

@Mundo2 – You should also get good 2G, 3G and 4G coverage at this address.

Your local site (85765) is currently performing fine and we’re unable to see any issues in the area.

Does changing your phone’s network settings to 2G only improve the coverage you get for calls?

This is a joke, there's no data at all and 1 bar of voice. Your system might not be showing a problem but there definitely is. Please can this be escalated. 

OK, all sorted. Spoke to about 10 different technical people and eventually someone gave me new APN settings then everything started working again. So your network corrupted my settings as I didn't touch them. All in all terrible customer service from everyone at Vodafone apart from the very last technical chap. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 – I’m sorry to hear what happened to cause this, but I’m pleased it’s sorted now.

Let us know if you need any further help.

"I’m unable to see an email from your Community registered email address"

What does that mean?

I did get a reply, all it said was "due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we're unable to respond to all of our PM's" and then went on about actions I should take to contact you!

Given that I HAD DONE WHAT YOU DAMN WELL ASKED ME TO DO, that is UNACCEPTABLE.  There is no reference number or anything.

Just forget it - your customer service is absolutely appalling and I will struggle through the rest of my contract and then take my business elsewhere.  Probably back to o2 as they seem capable of providing a service here.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JDH As mentioned on the message which we send, we're unable to respond to private messages. 

You'll need to follow the instructions carefully and click the hyperlink which sits under 'Click here' - you'll then be taken to an online form, and that's where you'll need to submit your query. 

You'll know when you've done this correctly, as you'll receive an automated email from us to say we've had it. This will also contain a unique reference number which looks like [#123344556]. 

Even though my data issue has been resolved, the signal in Farnborough is so poor that I can barely use it. This needs investigating.