Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

JDH
4: Newbie

I have major, ongoing problems with the signal strength at my workplace.  it affects both work and personal phones. The network checker shows no issues and indicates I should get full coverage 4G indoors and outdoors.  I sit in the corner of the building near many large windows.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Variable - it happens within my office building, but the strength externally is not much better.  I do manage to get 2 bar 4G around 2-300 yards from the building. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

GU14 6TQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not tried my sim in a different phone, but my work phone is also Vodafone and shows same problems.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

I do not get a stable, full strength signal.  My signal is usually 1-3 bars 3G, I occasionally get 1-2 bars 4G.  I increasing get nothing but E, again at only 1-2 bar strength.  On E & 3G, I usually get almost no data throughput - getting "No Network Connection" errors.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Been ongoing for months, the increase in getting E signal shows it getting worse.  Very difficult to report as Vodafone don't accept the customer's word for getting poor service, I have to go through this hassle.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.  Network performance marginally better first thing in the morning, but not enough to get excited about.

90 REPLIES 90

You better prepare to wirte a detailed paper on it Mundo2 - Vodafone don't seem to take your word for it!

To Alex - I am baffled that having done what I was asked, this somehow didn't work - that's your issue not mine.  Whilst I don't complain very often, I am not used to the level of repetative effort I have to put in.  Hence my increasing frustration with Vodafone.

I get no signal alert all the time. Signal fluctuates throughout the day and disappears a lot. Screenshot attached. 

Alex.  I have (again) completed the form, using the reference number.  Done over half an hour ago. No sign of any confirmation email.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 – Did changing your phone’s network settings to 2G only improve things?

@JDH –I’m sorry you’re having problems emailing us.

I’ve sent you another private message with an alternative way to get in touch. Please send all the info requested so we can look into this further.

I need to send this information again???

I have provided a swathe of the information in this forum (as demanded by Vodafone).

I have responded to a private message by clicking on the link - it didn't work properly.

I have responded again to that message, completing the code and the details required, and the website acknowledged it had been sent, but it hasn't.

For all I know - trying to tell you a fourth time woill fail too.

You clearly try and beat us into submission by making it deliberately diffuclt to raise an issue.  There is only one issue.  The data signal at GU14 6TQ doesn't work and hasn't work for months. It doesn't just affect me, it affects iOS/Android/Blackberry platforms. 

If that isn't enough information then......

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JDH - The last private message I sent contained direct contact details, so you can send everything that way, instead of using the form

Once we’ve got this, we can look into everything further.

I've had the same issue, so thought I'd look at wifi calling. I raised the issue online and got a couple of emails saying that they'd get back to me within 48 hours. That was in June!

So to cut a long story short, I've signed up with 02.  Vodafone's Customer service is so poor (and the guys in the shops are just as disappointed) that you either end up tied in the complaints procedure, working out which Ombudsman to go to or trying small claims court.  Save yourself some heartbeats and cancel your contract.

Customers clearing off is really the only message that Vodafone will understand.

Any update on the poor signal issues? 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 There's a known issue with a site in your area - this isn't the site you connect to, however it may be affecting the coverage you receive. You can check our network status checker for any updates and further information.

Please let us know if changing to 2G helps improve things.

Thanks, no difference changing to 2G.