Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

JDH
4: Newbie

I have major, ongoing problems with the signal strength at my workplace.  it affects both work and personal phones. The network checker shows no issues and indicates I should get full coverage 4G indoors and outdoors.  I sit in the corner of the building near many large windows.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Variable - it happens within my office building, but the strength externally is not much better.  I do manage to get 2 bar 4G around 2-300 yards from the building. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

GU14 6TQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not tried my sim in a different phone, but my work phone is also Vodafone and shows same problems.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

I do not get a stable, full strength signal.  My signal is usually 1-3 bars 3G, I occasionally get 1-2 bars 4G.  I increasing get nothing but E, again at only 1-2 bar strength.  On E & 3G, I usually get almost no data throughput - getting "No Network Connection" errors.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Been ongoing for months, the increase in getting E signal shows it getting worse.  Very difficult to report as Vodafone don't accept the customer's word for getting poor service, I have to go through this hassle.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.  Network performance marginally better first thing in the morning, but not enough to get excited about.

90 REPLIES 90

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 Thanks for letting me know. 

There's a site visit scheduled within the next couple of days to look into the low 4G coverage. I've passed your comments on so our Network engineers are able to re-visit the 2G/3G issue whilst they're there.  

Terrible again today. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 @JDH @aps78 The next site visit has been penciled in for 9 October 2017 and should hopefully resolve all outstanding issues. 

As always, thanks for keeping us updated during this time. 

Thanks, signal and service is very patchy throughout the day. 

Currently the signal remains very poor.  Download speeds can be as high a 2Mbps to as low as 0.3Mbps - both 3G only.  If my phone indicates a 4G signal it instantly reverts to 3G should I try and use any apps.

Waze suffers the most.  I get in my car and start it up and it finds the route.  I drive up towards Queens Roundabout and it flashes up "Searching for Network" until I turn onto Queensgate Road, after a few hundred yards it reconnects, recalculates the route and sets up properly.

Concur with the above.

No improvement for me. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @JDH @aps78.

I'm sorry to see things haven't improved for you.

I can see that another site visit has been scheduled for tomorrow (13 October).

We're continuing to monitor this for you, and will update the thread once we have any more information following their visit.

Any update?  The scheduled site visit was 2 weeks ago and we are now four months from when I originally raised this issue.  I see no improvment/change/anything in the service.

Still terrible for me too. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 @JDH I can understand your frustration with this issue. 

I'd like to assure you that we are actively chasing updates on INC3052832 and pushing it's urgency to the departments involved. I can appreciate this has been ongoing for a long period of time however we're unable to provide any updates on here just yet.