main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

JDH
4: Newbie

You better prepare to wirte a detailed paper on it Mundo2 - Vodafone don't seem to take your word for it!

To Alex - I am baffled that having done what I was asked, this somehow didn't work - that's your issue not mine.  Whilst I don't complain very often, I am not used to the level of repetative effort I have to put in.  Hence my increasing frustration with Vodafone.

View more options

I get no signal alert all the time. Signal fluctuates throughout the day and disappears a lot. Screenshot attached. 

View more options
JDH

Alex.  I have (again) completed the form, using the reference number.  Done over half an hour ago. No sign of any confirmation email.

View more options

@Mundo2 – Did changing your phone’s network settings to 2G only improve things?

@JDH –I’m sorry you’re having problems emailing us.

I’ve sent you another private message with an alternative way to get in touch. Please send all the info requested so we can look into this further.

View more options
JDH

I need to send this information again???

I have provided a swathe of the information in this forum (as demanded by Vodafone).

I have responded to a private message by clicking on the link - it didn't work properly.

I have responded again to that message, completing the code and the details required, and the website acknowledged it had been sent, but it hasn't.

For all I know - trying to tell you a fourth time woill fail too.

You clearly try and beat us into submission by making it deliberately diffuclt to raise an issue.  There is only one issue.  The data signal at GU14 6TQ doesn't work and hasn't work for months. It doesn't just affect me, it affects iOS/Android/Blackberry platforms. 

If that isn't enough information then......

View more options

@JDH - The last private message I sent contained direct contact details, so you can send everything that way, instead of using the form

Once we’ve got this, we can look into everything further.

View more options
3: Seeker

I've had the same issue, so thought I'd look at wifi calling. I raised the issue online and got a couple of emails saying that they'd get back to me within 48 hours. That was in June!

So to cut a long story short, I've signed up with 02.  Vodafone's Customer service is so poor (and the guys in the shops are just as disappointed) that you either end up tied in the complaints procedure, working out which Ombudsman to go to or trying small claims court.  Save yourself some heartbeats and cancel your contract.

Customers clearing off is really the only message that Vodafone will understand.

View more options

Any update on the poor signal issues? 

View more options

@Mundo2 There's a known issue with a site in your area - this isn't the site you connect to, however it may be affecting the coverage you receive. You can check our network status checker for any updates and further information.

Please let us know if changing to 2G helps improve things.

View more options

Thanks, no difference changing to 2G.

View more options

@Mundo2 – Everything in your area looks fine, however if you’re still having problems, we’ll need to investigate further.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

View more options

I came to this forum to raise an issue with a massive reduction in 4g signal in the Farnborough area - No suprise to find another user has already highlighted the issue!

So can I echo the issues raised by the users in this thread....

I work at Farnborough Airport (GU14 6XA), and until recently have enjoyed full 4g coverage whilst at work, stretching back to when I took out my Vodafone contract over two years ago.   My phone signal rarely dropped below 4 bars.

In the last couple of months I have only two bars, and though my phone periodically states it has 4g connection, websites are slow to load, and often my browser loses connection and won't display page due to 'being offline'. Even Whatsapp messages take an age to send.

This clearly needs to be investigated.

View more options
Administrator

@aps78 I can see you've stated you have similar issues to the others on this thread. 

So we're able to get a full description of your issue, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread and complete the template - then post this back to here. :smileyhappy: 

View more options
JDH

@aps78 - I'm just across the airport from you.

I just went outside and my phone said full, 5 dot 4G signal.  My web browers/apps said "You appear to be offline/No internet access"

This only occurs here on a regular basis - beyond a joke now.

View more options

Still a major issue. Vodafone, please do something about this. Customer services are not interested. 

View more options
Administrator

@Mundo2 On 20 July @Jenny asked you to contact us so we could look into this further. I've checked our inbox for an email from the registered address on your Community account and can't find one.

If you've done this, please let us know your unique reference number so we can chase this up - it'll look like [#123344556]. If you haven't done this, please check your private message inbox and follow the instructions. 

@JDH & @aps78 I've sent you both a private message, please use this to contact us with the information asked for - we can then look into this issue further for you. 

View more options

Sorry, am I missing something. I'm a paying customer, you aren't providing a service, I have provided a postcode, lots of other people are affected, yet I am in the wrong for you not doing anything about this (after several phonecalls) because you want me to do your job for you. I think you've got a very mixed up view of customer service and how to run a business. Vodafone is rotten to the core and the telecoms industry is a complete oligopoly. 

View more options
JDH

Perhaps Alex you can explain what information is required that we haven't already given you?

I came to this website - on the demand of Vodafone - and provided the information demanded.  See my original post.  The only response from you and your colleagues was "Click here/there and give us information."

You have: The area that I (and a number of other people) are experiencing severe problems in.  I have told you this occurs on another phone with a different sim card and is not experienced elsewhere.  Yet this isn't good enough.

I don't complain to companies very often, but when I do, 9 times out of 10, I get an apology and action taken to resolve the issue.

Guess who the 1 out of 10 is....

Summary.

GU14.  Data signal does not work on different phones. 

Get it sorted. NOW.

Oh, and thanks to the website for popping up a survey request.  "Very unsatisfied"  Sadly couldn't add any more useful feedback.

View more options
Administrator

@Mundo2 & @JDH All the information we require is asked for in the private message I've sent, this includes account specific information, therefore why we ask via private message and not on the public thread.

Once we have this information, we'll then be able to look into the issue further and raise a case with our Network engineers if required. 

Please understand that we do want to get this resolved for you and I do apologise for the issues in question - as soon as you get a few minutes, please follow the instructions in the message I've sent yesterday. 

View more options
JDH

OK Alex.  I have done this and received the email acknowldgement (which I didn't last time) - reference 16652692.

I couldn't see any information in this request that I have not already provided here, so don't really understand this extra hoop I'm being made to jump through.

View more options