main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

Administrator

@JDH @Mundo2 @aps78 Following a recent site visit, this issues with 2G/3G now look to be resolved. 

There's another site visit in the works to return and address the 4G fault - we're currently awaiting an estimated time of arrival for this. 

View more options
4: Newbie

I can confirm that 2g and 3g are now working for me. As you mentioned 4g is still very poor. 

View more options

I can also confirm that I now have nearly full 3G signal, so at least there is progress.

More than anything, its good that the problem was at least acknowledged.

View more options
JDH

Nothing would please me more to join the others and reflect an improvement in 3G signam, but I am afraid I can't.  1 bar on one phone, 2 on the other.  Very slow data connection on my personal phone.

View more options

Have you changed your settings to 2G/3G only? 

View more options

I am now getting poor signal again on 2G/3G.

View more options
Administrator

@Mundo2 Thanks for letting me know. 

There's a site visit scheduled within the next couple of days to look into the low 4G coverage. I've passed your comments on so our Network engineers are able to re-visit the 2G/3G issue whilst they're there.  

View more options
JDH

I had a go doing that.  Didn't make much difference. (And I wouldn't understand why it would either!)

It seems marginally better, but only at times.  So first thing in the morning is passable, by midday/early afternoon, it reduces in quality.

View more options

I'm back to the two bars of unusable 4G today.  Can't load web pages etc.

View more options

I agree that the service varies throughout the day.  So, still an issue. 

View more options
JDH

I've definitely seen no improvement.  Today seems worse than yesterday.  I frequently look at my phone & see 4G in the corner, soon as I try to connect to anything, it becomes 3G and sllloooooowwwwwwssss right down.

View more options

Terrible again today. 

View more options
Administrator

@Mundo2 @JDH @aps78 The next site visit has been penciled in for 9 October 2017 and should hopefully resolve all outstanding issues. 

As always, thanks for keeping us updated during this time. 

View more options

Thanks, signal and service is very patchy throughout the day. 

View more options
JDH

Currently the signal remains very poor.  Download speeds can be as high a 2Mbps to as low as 0.3Mbps - both 3G only.  If my phone indicates a 4G signal it instantly reverts to 3G should I try and use any apps.

Waze suffers the most.  I get in my car and start it up and it finds the route.  I drive up towards Queens Roundabout and it flashes up "Searching for Network" until I turn onto Queensgate Road, after a few hundred yards it reconnects, recalculates the route and sets up properly.

View more options

Concur with the above.

No improvement for me. 

View more options

Thanks for updating us @JDH @aps78.

I'm sorry to see things haven't improved for you.

I can see that another site visit has been scheduled for tomorrow (13 October).

We're continuing to monitor this for you, and will update the thread once we have any more information following their visit.

View more options
JDH

Any update?  The scheduled site visit was 2 weeks ago and we are now four months from when I originally raised this issue.  I see no improvment/change/anything in the service.

View more options

Still terrible for me too. 

View more options
Administrator

@Mundo2 @JDH I can understand your frustration with this issue. 

I'd like to assure you that we are actively chasing updates on INC3052832 and pushing it's urgency to the departments involved. I can appreciate this has been ongoing for a long period of time however we're unable to provide any updates on here just yet. 

View more options