Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU14 - Farnborough - Poor Signal strength

JDH
4: Newbie

I have major, ongoing problems with the signal strength at my workplace.  it affects both work and personal phones. The network checker shows no issues and indicates I should get full coverage 4G indoors and outdoors.  I sit in the corner of the building near many large windows.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Variable - it happens within my office building, but the strength externally is not much better.  I do manage to get 2 bar 4G around 2-300 yards from the building. 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

GU14 6TQ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not tried my sim in a different phone, but my work phone is also Vodafone and shows same problems.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

I do not get a stable, full strength signal.  My signal is usually 1-3 bars 3G, I occasionally get 1-2 bars 4G.  I increasing get nothing but E, again at only 1-2 bar strength.  On E & 3G, I usually get almost no data throughput - getting "No Network Connection" errors.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Been ongoing for months, the increase in getting E signal shows it getting worse.  Very difficult to report as Vodafone don't accept the customer's word for getting poor service, I have to go through this hassle.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.  Network performance marginally better first thing in the morning, but not enough to get excited about.

90 REPLIES 90

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 – Everything in your area looks fine, however if you’re still having problems, we’ll need to investigate further.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.

I came to this forum to raise an issue with a massive reduction in 4g signal in the Farnborough area - No suprise to find another user has already highlighted the issue!

So can I echo the issues raised by the users in this thread....

I work at Farnborough Airport (GU14 6XA), and until recently have enjoyed full 4g coverage whilst at work, stretching back to when I took out my Vodafone contract over two years ago.   My phone signal rarely dropped below 4 bars.

In the last couple of months I have only two bars, and though my phone periodically states it has 4g connection, websites are slow to load, and often my browser loses connection and won't display page due to 'being offline'. Even Whatsapp messages take an age to send.

This clearly needs to be investigated.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aps78 I can see you've stated you have similar issues to the others on this thread. 

So we're able to get a full description of your issue, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread and complete the template - then post this back to here. :smileyhappy: 

@aps78 - I'm just across the airport from you.

I just went outside and my phone said full, 5 dot 4G signal.  My web browers/apps said "You appear to be offline/No internet access"

This only occurs here on a regular basis - beyond a joke now.

Still a major issue. Vodafone, please do something about this. Customer services are not interested. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 On 20 July @Jenny asked you to contact us so we could look into this further. I've checked our inbox for an email from the registered address on your Community account and can't find one.

If you've done this, please let us know your unique reference number so we can chase this up - it'll look like [#123344556]. If you haven't done this, please check your private message inbox and follow the instructions. 

@JDH & @aps78 I've sent you both a private message, please use this to contact us with the information asked for - we can then look into this issue further for you. 

Sorry, am I missing something. I'm a paying customer, you aren't providing a service, I have provided a postcode, lots of other people are affected, yet I am in the wrong for you not doing anything about this (after several phonecalls) because you want me to do your job for you. I think you've got a very mixed up view of customer service and how to run a business. Vodafone is rotten to the core and the telecoms industry is a complete oligopoly. 

Perhaps Alex you can explain what information is required that we haven't already given you?

I came to this website - on the demand of Vodafone - and provided the information demanded.  See my original post.  The only response from you and your colleagues was "Click here/there and give us information."

You have: The area that I (and a number of other people) are experiencing severe problems in.  I have told you this occurs on another phone with a different sim card and is not experienced elsewhere.  Yet this isn't good enough.

I don't complain to companies very often, but when I do, 9 times out of 10, I get an apology and action taken to resolve the issue.

Guess who the 1 out of 10 is....

Summary.

GU14.  Data signal does not work on different phones. 

Get it sorted. NOW.

Oh, and thanks to the website for popping up a survey request.  "Very unsatisfied"  Sadly couldn't add any more useful feedback.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mundo2 & @JDH All the information we require is asked for in the private message I've sent, this includes account specific information, therefore why we ask via private message and not on the public thread.

Once we have this information, we'll then be able to look into the issue further and raise a case with our Network engineers if required. 

Please understand that we do want to get this resolved for you and I do apologise for the issues in question - as soon as you get a few minutes, please follow the instructions in the message I've sent yesterday. 

OK Alex.  I have done this and received the email acknowldgement (which I didn't last time) - reference 16652692.

I couldn't see any information in this request that I have not already provided here, so don't really understand this extra hoop I'm being made to jump through.