main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

GU15 - Camberley

Highlighted
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, approx. 1/4 of a mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

GU15 1JG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No Signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

26/03/2020

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @txxr 

Using the status-checker the results show as there is no known issues.Screenshot_20200406-151358_Samsung Internet.jpg

As you have tried another phone this should have helped to rule out your phone as the issue.

And I note as you travel away from your local area signal returns so your sim card is OK too.

So the issue could be mast congestion which wouldn't show up on the status checker and usually corrects itself.

Obviously more people are using the network more than ever due to the unprecedented times we are seeing right now.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams will pass on your feedback back to the networking teams.

I hope you get signal ASAP.

Possible interim options are calling over WiFi for people with eligible phones and tariffs.

Calling over WiFi does not support texting however.

Or the Sure Signal Device that costs a one off £69. I appreciate that some wouldn't want to pay for the Sure Signal.

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

The fault showed on the status checker for approximately a day last week and then showed it was fixed. 

Still no signal coming from this mast. I have even tried an O2 sim, they share the same mast, no signal there either. 

The mast is on top of a Golf Clubhouse which is closed due to the virus. 

Hope it gets resolved soon. 

View more options
Highlighted

I'm unable to locate any issues in the GU15 area @txxr, so I can take a closer look into this for you, please confirm your full postcode. If you'd prefer to do this privately,  you can pop it in your profile so only the moderators can see it 👀

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Mark,

The full postcode of the faulty mast is GU15 1JG.

Many thanks for looking into this.

View more options
Highlighted

I've checked your site (80263) and can see we're currently working on an error with 4G under INC4138912 @txxr. Are you still experiencing issues when switching your network down to 2G or 3G? You can find out how to do this in our device guides when searching 'Select network mode'.  

If you're still having issues on 2G and 3G, we'd need to take some further details from you to make our Engineers aware. You can drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter with a link to your post and your Community username. You then won't need to provide any details again that you've already given and we'll raise this to our Engineers.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for confirming an issue with 4g at site (80263). If I switch my phone into 3g mode I am able to get a useable signal however it is not coming from the same site. 

I believe the fault is affecting 2g, 3g, and 4g from site (80263).

View more options
Highlighted

It looks like everything's sorted now @txxr Has your 4g service improved? If not try refreshing your connection by restarting your phone ad let us know if you're still experiencing any problems 😊

View more options
Highlighted

I'm sorry to say there has been no improvement at all. 

The mast still appears to be down. 

View more options
Highlighted

In that case @txxr, pop us a message through Facebook or Twitter as @Natasha advised and we'll take a closer look and raise a case with our engineers.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for following up @Mark. 

The mast was repaired lunchtime yesterday and normal service is resumed. 

View more options