Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU28 - Northchapel

simonhardcastle
4: Newbie

Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

This seems to be happening throughout the area

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

GU28 9EN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes and my neighbours are having similar problems

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Dial a number and either:

Call connects then silence

or

Other party picks up and you can hear them and they can't hear you 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

2G and 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

This morning (2/8/17 10am

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Seems to be permanent at the moment

29 REPLIES 29

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @simonhardcastle

Hope you don't mind me having a look at your postcode. 

I can see your local masts are showing as Ok but on zooming out I can see that some surrounding masts have had an issue. See attached pic. 

Sometimes this can affect other people if the network is re routing network traffic to compensate for the issue. It can sometimes take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. Screenshot_20170802-141412.png

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Still got the same problems today - outgoing calls are dead (sounds like the call conects and then silence), incoming or connected calls can't hear me.

I am not the only person in the village with this problem.

I know that at least 2 other locals have been in contact with Vodafone about this problem.,

Very frustrating

Interestingly, my Suresignal box doesn't seem to help. 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5, my wife had an iPhone 6.  But there is a massive mix of phones in the village that are affected. This has now been going on since yesterday morning.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@simonhardcastle We're aware of an issue in your area which may be affecting calls - this is being investigated under INC3023023. 

I do apologise for the inconvenience, rest assured our team are working hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible. 

A friend of mine (one of many - over 30 - people affected by this) has just been onto Vodafone support who told him there is no problem. 

We are all thoroughly fed up with the runaround we have been given by Vodafone. 

Please don't close this incident as there is definitely still a problem. 

Alex

How come the Vodafone Network status page still states that there is no problem in this area?

Thanks for the update Alex, please don't close this thread until it is resolved. Do you have a telephobe number for Vodafone support?

Hi Alex

It looks like the problem might be fixed. We seem to be able to make and receive calls again. Thanks for your help.

It is very frustrating that it seemed to be impossible to get a straight answer/summary as to what was going on and when it might be/was resolved. 

Thanks

Simon

UPDATE: Spoke to soon - still not working

Still not fixed here :Sad_face: