Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GU28 - Northchapel

simonhardcastle
4: Newbie

Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

This seems to be happening throughout the area

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

GU28 9EN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes and my neighbours are having similar problems

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Dial a number and either:

Call connects then silence

or

Other party picks up and you can hear them and they can't hear you 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

2G and 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

This morning (2/8/17 10am

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Seems to be permanent at the moment

29 REPLIES 29

David,

As a matter of interest, do you live at the top or the bottom of the village? I am next to Sheer 4x4 and have heard that things are OK up at Valentines Lea.

I am trying to get as many people in the village who are affected to report this. People keep on being told that it's their phones or that there isn't a problem.

Simon

We are at 1 Lilac Cottage, so just a stone's throw. Are you at Laurel Cottage?

No, round the corner on Hillgrove Ln but still very close.

It does seem to be a problem at this end of the village then.

I couldn't say about the other end of the village. They may not have found the forum.

Same problem down Hillgrove Road since 2nd August. 4 phones on vodafone network all with exactly the same problem.

Same problem down Hillgrove Rd. 4 phones on Vodafone network here including 2 visitors. All have exactly the same problem.

Spoke to a number of people last night (in the club) and this seems to be village wide. I now know of at least 40 people in the village with this problem. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone (my next door neighbour has one functioning phone and one non-functioning)

There are some people who started getting the problem on Tuesday (1/8/17) but I only noticed it on Wednesday.

I spoke to Vodafone customer service yesterday (an extremely frustrating and unsatisfactory experience) and their only excuse is that it is caused by planned maintenance starting next Monday. They basically told me not to expect any service improvement before Tueday afternoon/evening.

Thought I might give Watchdog or You And Yours a call and see if they might be interested in this.

I also spoke to Vodafone last night. No explanation initially saying it was my handset but like others my phone works perfectly out of the village. Told not to expect any service until 11pm on 8th August when planned works  are finished. However these works aren't scheduled to start until Monday.

Hi Lynda, thanks for the update. How did you manage to speak to them? Please coudld you share the number?

Sorry I didn't manage to speak to anyone on the phone had an online chat with a technical support chap.