main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

German IP range being used in United Kingdom

2: Seeker

Hi,

We have a large number of Vodafone sims in roadsite meters (they count cars and phone home with the data).

The meters have been assigned IP addresses in the 195.233.151.xxx range. When you look this up the geo location is Germany. Our firewalls are clever and blocks non UK IP addresses using their Geo location. So our meters that are definatly in the UK but have a German geo location were blocked. I had to allow all German IPs to make them work.

What is the network and subnet mask that Vodafone are using? I want to add that network to our allow list and remove Germany. I tried calling Vodafone support, guess how that went? That guy in India didn't have a clue about networking.

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

@RouterGod Hi there, we'd love to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message so we can discuss your account securely. Joe

View more options