Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Great Sankey 4G network non-existent indoors

go666home
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I checked the 4G coverage map last week and it appeared to show that there were problems due to maintenance. Now the maps show all is fine indoor and out but the problem is the same. This seems to be the format that was required to help with the query. 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location?

2 different locations within WA5. Just under 2 miles apart. South Manchester seems fine

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

WA5 7UN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? 

Have not tried but highly unlikely, because there is no issue in other parts of the country I visited (15 miles away)

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Really slow outdoor to no mobile internet indoors. Instead of H+ display its E (EDGE)

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G and 3G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

21st of April 2021

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent now

9 REPLIES 9

Steph

@go666home Thanks for popping that information over, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your signal. I've checked the coverage in your area along with your local masts and everything appears to be up and running as expected. As maintenance has recently been completed, it may be that you just need to refresh your connection to the network in order to connect to a closer mast. If you're not sure how to reset your network settings, pop me over the make and model of your phone and I'll send you some instructions 😊

@Steph,

That probably explains it. But resetting the network settings was the first thing I did after a phone restart and the problem still persist. If there is maintenance work going I'd like an idea of the timeframe to be expected to sort this.

@go666home Thanks for letting me know. As there is currently no scheduled maintenance in your area and no known issues with the network, could you please drop a message to our Social Media team here so we can securely take some details from you and get this looked into or escalated if needed.

Hiya @Steph

Update. Where i live in WA5 4G is completely fine indoor and out. Back in WA5 7UN, there is no 4G at all indoor and out along with virtually no phone reception. I can only get security text confirmations from vodafone.

I'm not on Twitter and Facebook.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've checked your local network again @go666home, we've no issues in your area at this time, the mast serving you (37731), is working as expected and has experienced no recent outages.  I understand you believe the issue isn't connected to your phone or SIM, but we'd need you to pop your SIM in another device so we can rule it out of our investigation. If you could also pop us a screenshot of a speedtest result, this will also help.

@Mark,

As I mentioned before, my phone / SIM must be ok because there is no issues at all in other locations. If I walk a decent distance (50ft) from my work entrance then there is not problem. Indoors, not only is there no 4G signal, but the phone signal is intermittent at best (I cannot even do a screen test to send you) I am using the network at work to send this message. This was not the case previous to April. My phone / SIM have been the same for years and the building I work at considerably longer. The signal output 

Thanks for confirming that for us @go666home I'm sorry you're experiencing such poor signal! 

As you mentioned that the signal is fine if you walk away from your workplace I've checked the coverage again. There have been 2 separate lots of work carried out recently on the network in WA5 7ZR and WA5 3AX. Both lots of work have now been completed and the network is once again up and running as expected. 

Have you noticed any improvement in your signal in the last 24 hours? 

@Steph

Sorry for the late reply. It a bit longer than a day but everything appears to be in working order again. Signal and 4G operate well indoors.

Thank you for your help. 

That's great to hear @go666home and thanks for the update 👍