main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Huawei P30 Pro message error

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello, wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and know how to fix this. It's only a minor issue but it's annoying me.

Quite often when I send a text message, I get an error saying message not sent. Sometimes, I have to keep re-sending before it says its been sent. The issue is that the recipient actually received the message that I was told hadn't gone! They then get it 4 or 5 times, the number of times I hit retry to send.

I often ignore the error saying not sent, and the person I'm texting replies because they've gotten it but the red "not sent. Tap to try again" remains and it just irritates me!

Edit to add it says Vodafone Error 332

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

@tromlui 

Does this happen when sending a message to a particular contact or all ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone  ?

This can help rule out the phone or sim card.

If you can try another Vodafone sim card in your phone and send a text.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @tromlui 

The cause of this could be the device, the SIM or network, the next time it happens take a look at the number of bars at the top of your phone, this will give an indication of the network strength at the time of sending.

However, this thread has all the self help tips and initial checks:  Network Isssues

Also further information for you here:  What should I do if I can’t send or receive text messages?

You may find a replacement SIM from a Vodafone store solves the problems.  If you go this route for security reasons, make sure you take photo identity.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, thanks for replying! Seems to be just one particular person who is on EE.

Never had any issues when I'm making a call.

I tried using my sim card in my husbands phone and had no issues but the error occurs so infrequently I'm not sure if it's more luck that it didn't happen! I also used his Vodafone sim in my phone and again it didn't happen.

It's really a small issue in the grand scheme of things, just irritating when it happens! 

View more options

Hi @tromlui 

If it's only the one number, it's going to be difficult to pin down.  It sounds like Vodafone are sending the message to the EE message centre for forwarding onto the receiver and there may be an error at the receiving end.

It would be worth the person who is receiving this message multiple times taking it up with their service provider, EE, they will need to investigate from the receiving end to find the reason for the message being repeatedly forwarded on from the message centre.

View more options