Welcome to Vodafone Community
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Only when in this area when move out of ipswich it's fine
2) What is the full postcode
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
Using an esim but was the same when I use a physical sim
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
2 network bars on my phone
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
6 plus months your network checker says it should be great but it is not
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Pretty permanent I recently got a notification of some local maintenance I was hoping this would solve it but no still very poor signal
I'm using a iPhone 12 pro max and restarting doesn't make a difference. It's a shame you’ve taken away the report a problem button that you had on the network status page. I am forced to do an online chat which is a complete waste of time because the people on the other end cannot comprehend that I’m telling the truth. I can be outside Ipswich station the large train station and still get to bars on my phone. No idea what is going on and why the speeds are so slow. It have been like that for months and months.
Thanks for confirming! If you pop the sim in another device does the issue persist? One thing we can also try is a manual roam. Please could you follow the steps below:
- First go to Settings
- Then Connections
- Then Mobile Networks
- Network Operators
- Select Manually
- Next you'll need to connect to a network that isn't Vodafone
- Let your device error
- Then swap to Select Automatically and restart your phone.
Hey there @bobbymobile - I've checked the 3 closest masts to your postcode (IDs: 35420, 5482 and 61534) and they all look to be working fine, there's no major downtime that we can see.
Is there anyone else who you know in the area that is on the Vodafone or VOXI network that is having the same issues you are having?
When you connect to 3G or 2G does your signal improve?
Are your calls and texts effected at all?
Could you make sure the following settings are set up as below:
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Networks and fill in all settings (including LTE Setup) as,