Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IP27 - Brandon

terryh
4: Newbie

Was having issues with no service yesterday in the IP27 area and after checking online I got onto the chat to report the issue.

I was told that there was no issues but after stating there was an issue the advisor changed their mind and said that it was down due to an upgrade.

Your online checker says that there is a 3G upgrade happening tomorrow and on unexpected issues it says 'everything is fine in your area'.

I know it's not fine, other family members are getting no service as well as me, so why am I being told it's all fine?

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@terryh - I'm sorry to hear of the conflicting info you've received

We’re aware of an issue in your area which has been updated on our network status checker.

This shows an unexpected issue which our network engineers are working to get resolved as quickly as possible, as well as some planned maintenance work.

Click ‘Register for an update on this issue’ to be notified when this is fixed.

Thanks for the update but I don't understand this.

The mast is being replaced to give a 4G upgrade (this has been in the planning for years) yet for some reason this is 'unexpected'?

Any news on when it will be 'fixed', or rather when the new mast is installed and operational?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@terryh If you're still experiencing issues with your 2G service, please get in touch with our team using the details from the private message I've sent. 

The upgrade notification on our Network status checker is in relation to maintanence work on your surrounding 3G network. 

When lookng at your specific postcode and direct serving site (41510), we can see that you're in a 2G only area, with no access to 3G or 4G services. 

Keep an eye on the 'View planned coverage' section of our Network status checker for any future network upgrades. 

Thanks for the response.

How is there work being carried out on the 3G network when it's a 2G only area?

We all know it's a 4G upgrade, I've spoken to the people arranging it and have seen the planning permission for the new 4G mast. It's pretty obvious the work happening now is to install a new mast, it's very easy to see.

The planned coverage does show 4G as coming soon too.

Can you speak to someone that actually knows about the upgrade and get a proper answer to me.

As I haven't had a response yet, just thought I would help you out...

The new mast was installed at the end of last week and 4G was enabled on Saturday. I'm sure your coverage checker will be updated in due course to show that we're now in a 4G area.