Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone X 3G - painfully slow

Ashleyrogers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I’ve recently entered into a contract for the iPhone X, after swapping from a contract with EE on an iPhone 6.

I have noticed that the 3G connection speed is ridiculously slow, much slower than my iPhone 6 ever was. This is not really acceptable considering how much the contract is for this handset.

Is there anything that can be done to help sort this problem out.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

When running a speedtest @Ashleyrogers what speeds are you getting. I use the Ookla Speed test option. 

Does speed change when you move location?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Okay so I ran a speed test using the app you mentioned and my results are below, it might be worth mentioning that during this time I had full 4G signal.

Download - 1.32mbps

Upload - 5.32mbps 

Ping - 46 ms

WoW :Sad_face:

Have you tried various locations and and the advice given by @redpages ?

This template may help > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

First up I'd look to rule out if it's a problem with 1) the device, 2) the network, or 3) the SIM

• Check Vodafone's network status checker to see if there's a fault in your area + what coverage you can expect, here
  • Try your SIM in another phone to see if the network connection improves (this will likely point to a device issue if the SIM works fine in another phone)
  • Are any other Vodafone customers experiencing the same problem in your location?

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd love to take a closer look into the issue you're having with your 3G.

Please complete the Network troubleshooting template and post the information down below.
Once we have this, we'll be able to investigate further