main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

IPhone not connecting to 4G

1: Seeker

Recently bought a new iPhone 7 and using my original SIM card. Since having the new phone it won’t connect to 4G but connects to 3G fine. The SIM card always used to connect to 4G without any problems. Any suggestions I’ve already checked the APN. Thanks

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Hi @1709Nc

May I ask a few things please...

Is 4G attained if you place your sim card back in your previous phone or a phone that you know works to get 4G ?

I'm wondering if your sim card might be failing to which a Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace via a sim swap.  Take photo ID.

Where did you purchase the iPhone from ?

Can you hook the iPhone up to a computer and launch iTunes which may then invoke a carrier update which may help.

Can you just double check the Vodafone signal in your area again using the Vodafone Online Network checker to see if 4G is still showing as available and there's no mast issues.

status-checker.

Or Are you not receiving 4G signal where you live or everywhere you go that has 4G as an option ?

I appreciate you've checked the Apn settings but can you also check in the iPhones connection settings that 4G / LTE is chosen too.

Something similar to >

About the LTE options on your iPhone. or Switch-between-3G-4G-Apple-iPhone-7.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you also by making sure 4G is activated on your account.

An Apple Store Genius Bar can run a diagnostic on the iPhone if you have an Apple Store local or go back to the source who supplied the iPhone.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @1709Nc, as well as the great advice from @BandOfBrothers, there's one common thing that we see. at lot!

In the APN settings, the section that says LTE SETUP (Optional) should not be blank..

The APN settings that are in the MOBILE DATA section above also need to be on the LTE SETUP section. 

Pl;ease check this and let us know how you get on. If you do need to change anything, it helps to power off and on your phone before you test it.

Blair

View more options