Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls have started going straight to voicemail

helluvaname
3: Seeker

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and over the last week quite a few calls have gone straight to voicemail without ringing the handset.

It may be coincidence but this has only happenned when at home on the Suresignal.

Suresignal is showing a solid red power light and two wite lights (plus a third when on the phone), and the phone is showing a full signal. I can make calls fine, and a few calls have come through, but several haven't.

Phone is set to divert to voicemail on no answer or busy, and that work when inside or outside the house.

This has only started happenning in the last week or so - have ther been any network changes that might be related to this?

Any thoughts please?

28 REPLIES 28

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BillySollocks - I’ve performed another resync on your Sure Signal, as that seemed to fix the issue last time.

Please wait 6 hours, then reset your device.

If you’re still having problems after this time, please get back to us with an up to date traceroute along with your IP address.

Thanks, today it's ok but I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again 

Hi, sorry its been a while but I've only just got back from holiday, the problem still exists and its very erratic, I can phone it from my house phone one minute and it works ok then leave it for a few minutes and try again and it doesnt ring at all but it rings on the house phone and goes through to the answer phone. Only today I texted some friends about the football at 15:00 and I didnt get any replies unitl 16:52 when I got 3 replies all together at the same time. This has only started after updating to Nougat so it must be something to do with that and it only does this when I'm at home using the Sure Signal never when I'm out on the normal signal. This matter needs sorting pretty quickly as with the Sure Signal I get no signal in my flat and if the Sure Signal isnt working properly then I could miss important calls and texts to do with work. If this isnt sorted then I will have to start claiming some compensation as I'm paying alot a month for something thats not working correctly and really I shouldnt have to depend on an additional box to get a signal these days which I also had to pay extra for. Lets hope it can get sorted, here is the information you asked for:

Speed test: 25.23 mb/s

Ping Test: 16ms

My IP Address: 2a02:c7f:6843:2600:5ab:a92b:5a47:7bb4

Trace: 

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 13 ms * 15 ms be460.pr2.hobir.isp.sky.com [2.120.11.21]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 17 ms 14 ms 14 ms Vodafone-level3-200G.London1.Level3.net [4.68.72.94]
6 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms ae9-xcr1.lnt.cw.net [195.2.24.161]
7 14 ms 29 ms 13 ms ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.61]

Serial Number: 40111102550

Thanks and hope you can help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That’s great to hear @BillySollocks, please keep us updated with how you get on.

@mattyboy Thanks for coming back to us with these details and I hope you had a nice holiday. :smileyhappy:

I've resynced your Sure Signal, please allow 6 hours to pass before restarting the device. If you're still experiencing issues after this, please confirm the upload and download speeds, along with the light sequence that you're seeing.

BillySollocks

Perhaps it's only the Galaxy S7 that has issues. My wife and I both have them and are having the same problem, We've tried the resetting voicemail, selecting 3G only in networks but the problems still persist. Getting a bit fed up of it!

Anyone solved this issue?

Btw, our son has Galaxy A5 2017 and appears not to have these issues.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @BillySollocks, so we can look into this for you please complete the following template in your reply.

----------------------------------------------TEMPLATE--------------------------------------------

The issue you’re experiencing:

What light sequence you're seeing:

Your speed test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

The issue you’re experiencing:

Callers get sent straight to voicemail when connected to Sure Signal v2-v

What light sequence you're seeing:

Steady red and 1st white light

Your speed test results from here.

67.03 download 18.86 upload

Your external IP address from here.

2a02:c7f:5620:2a00:354c

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

212.183.133.177 is not recognised as internal or external comand

operable program or batch file

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

I'm sorry I didn't fully follow the instructions and the result to the CMD search is as follows:-

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1   1ms        <1     <1ms    SkyRouter.Home  [192.168.0.1]

2        "            "            "       Request timed out.

3  16ms    14ms   14ms   be398.pr2.enlba.isp.sky.com [2.120.10.89]

4  14ms    14ms   14ms   ae-3.r02.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net  [83.231.221.45]

5  13ms    13ms   13ms   ae-0.vodafone.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net  [129.250.66.46]

6  13ms    13ms   13ms   ae22-xcr1.lns.cw.net  [195.2.30.61]

All further lines state request timed out

Then trace complete

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BillySollocks

Can you please confirm the serial number of your Sure Signal? I've searched for 40122010439 and haven't been able to locate anything from it. 

Sorry, very small print and older eyes...should read:- 40122910439