Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

International Calls

PeterJarvis
1: Seeker

Hi, I picked up a new handset today and despite having international minutes as part of my call package I can dial out.  I have checked on my account settings and it shows as enabled.  Any clues how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@PeterJarvis wrote:

Hi, I picked up a new handset today and despite having international minutes as part of my call package I can dial out.  I have checked on my account settings and it shows as enabled.  Any clues how to fix this?

Hi @PeterJarvis

Is it the current situation that you can't dial out ?

If so as a process of elimination to rule the phone or SIM card that may be at issue can you try your Sim Card in another phone please and try to call, and double check any relevant settigs / bars in your MyVodafone. 

If all looks to be set Ok then please contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat to have things checked out at their end. 

This isn't properly the issue but some phones have call and text blocking features. 

It maybe beneficial to check your phone just in case and ask the reciepient to check there's. 

Also check any relevant settings in the phone itself just in case anything is toggled On that maybe hindering you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @PeterJarvis

You don't mention if you are PAYG or contract.  If you are pay monthly, you may have the 16GB SIM only plan with 100 international calling minutes.  There is further information on the plan below.

Calling and Texting Abroad form the UK

If you had International calling working on your previous phone, the first place to look will be call barring on your call settings.  This is done by touching the call button and going into the call settings, you will see a settings for outgoing International calls.

If you still have problems, it will need account access, this can be done by using live chat or calling Customer Services on 191.

PeterJarvis
1: Seeker

All sorted was switched off at Vodafones end, quick call to customer services and it was resolved in 2 minutes.  Thanks all for your replies

Awesome news @PeterJarvis

Glad customer service were able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.